Easy Thai-Inspired Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs
These Easy Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs and veggies are packed with Thai-inspired flavors in a creamy and delicious dairy free sauce. This recipe is also Whole30-friendly!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Makes These Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs Great
I absolutely love Thai food. These Thai-inspired meatballs are the best turkey meatballs ever! The sauce is creamy, slightly spicy and packed with tangy flavors. It pairs well with some white jasmine rice and is just so delicious. This These-Inspired Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs are made with red Thai curry paste and curry powder in a coconut lime curry sauce. These healthy turkey meatballs are baked in the oven while you make the sauce, so it comes together in less than 30 minutes. No need to worry about grease splattering or making a mess. These flavorful meatballs are simple to make, yet tastes like restaurant-quality! And no bread crumbs needed. It also uses real food ingredients and is perfect for a gluten-free diet, dairy free diet, and it’s also Whole30 friendly.
- Easy to make
- Perfect for busy weeknights
- The whole family will love it
- One of my favorite turkey recipes
- Perfect for meal prep
- Low carb & keto-friendly
- Packed with Thai-inspired flavors
- Gluten free & dairy free
- 30 minute meal
- Whole30 friendly
- Healthy turkey meatball recipe
Ground turkey: I prefer to use lean ground turkey. You can also use ground chicken or ground beef for this gluten-free meatballs recipe.
Coconut milk: Make sure to look for canned full-fat coconut milk.
Red Thai Curry Paste: This can be found in the grocery store in the ethnic foods aisle. You can also find it on Thrive Market! It gives this dish great flavor.
Onion & Red Pepper: You can use any color pepper.
Almond flour: I use almond flour to make these paleo turkey meatballs. You can substitute 1/3 the amount of coconut flour, or the same amount of measure for measure gluten free flour for nut free.
Garlic powder:Feel free to use 2 tsp minced garlic in its place.
Fresh basil: You can also use fresh basil – about 1 tbsp chopped fine.
How To Make Thai-Inspired Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs
First, make the meatballs: Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well using your hands. Do not over-mix, or you may get tough meatballs. Form the meat mixture into 1.5 inch balls (it should make about 12) and place onto the prepared baking sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop to form uniform meatballs with the turkey mixture. Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper. Saute until the onion becomes translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the red curry paste and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat down to low.
Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 1-2 additional minutes. Serve over caulirice, carrot noodles, or whatever you want! Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Air Fryer: If you want to make gluten free turkey meatballs in the air fryer, simply form the balls. Preheat your air fryer to 400. Spray the basket with cooking oil. Add a single layer of meatballs and cook for 6 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes. Add to the sauce and enjoy!
Nut free: Use 1/3 the amount of coconut flour or the same amount of 1:1 gluten free flour for a nut free version.
Storage: Store leftover gluten free turkey meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheating: Reheat in a pan over medium heat, or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Yes, ground beef, lamb, or chicken would also work well with this recipe.
Absolutely! Store in a freezer-safe airtight container for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Yes, all of the ingredients in this recipe are Whole30 friendly.
What To Serve with Thai-Inspired Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs
I love serving these with my Instant Pot Coconut Rice, or for keto version you can use this Cilantro Lime Coconut Cauliflower Rice recipe! It would also be delicious over zucchini noodles, gluten-free pasta, jasmine rice, or spaghetti squash.
Thai-Inspired Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup almond flour, can sub 1:1 gluten free flour for nut free
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried basil, use 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil or cilantro instead if you want!
- 1 tsp red curry paste, I used Thai Kitchen brand – it is compliant
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using your hands. Form 1.5 inch balls (it should make about 12) and place onto the lined baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper. Saute until the onion becomes translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the red curry paste and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat down to low.
- When the meatballs are done, add them to the sauce and simmer for 1-2 additional minutes. Serve over caulirice, carrot noodles, or whatever you want! Sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
This recipe was originally published on September 20, 2017 and was updated with new content on January 7, 2024.