This recipe for the BEST Whole30 Grilled Chicken thighs & Marinade is so simple and delicious. I will personally be making these all summer long! These chicken thighs are also Paleo, Keto, and Gluten Free.
I cannot get enough of these grilled chicken thighs! I figured this marinade needed a home on the blog. It’s the same sauce from my infamous Sausage, Potato, and Broccoli Sheet Pan Supper, and it’s amazing on EVERYTHING. You could use it as a marinade for any type of meat, but I have personally been loving these chicken thighs. I don’t even really like chicken thighs typically, but when we had some to use up a few weeks ago and I tried this method, I fell in love.
What Ingredients do I need for the best Whole30 grilled chicken thighs & marinade?
- 6-8 Chicken thighs – I prefer organic when possible. Skin on/ bone-in work well to maintain maximum flavor, but you can also use skinless/boneless. Regular chicken breasts will work, as well!
- Olive oil
- Coconut aminos
- Frank’s Red Hot
- Minced garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Crushed red pepper
- onion powder
How long should I cook the chicken thighs?
I’ve found it works best to cook them over medium high heat for about 25 minutes total. You want the internal temperature to be at least 175 degrees. I cook them for 5 minutes, flip, 5 more minutes, flip, and keep going until the 25 minute mark. They turn out juicy and delicious every time!
I served them with my crispy roasted potatoes and a veggie kabob from Trader Joe’s.
Easy peasy and so delicious!
I am keeping this short and sweet. All I have to say is…go make these! 🙂
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
The Best Whole30 Grilled Chicken Thighs & Marinade
- 6-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Frank's Red Hot or hot sauce of choice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs in a large baking dish or zip-lock plastic bag. Let them marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat your grill over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the grill, skin side up, and discard any remaining marinade. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, then flip again. Continue this pattern, flipping back and forth, until they have been cooking for 25 minutes or reach an internal temperature of 175.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!