This Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry is a delicious 15-minute meal! It uses ground beef, broccoli, rice ramen, and a delicious stir fry sauce. All the flavors of takeout without the gluten, dairy, soy, or MSG!
Ramen noodles used to be my favorite quick snack/meal in college and when I was living on my own. I never really cared too much about ingredients in my food or looking at labels. Now that I know what I do, I cringe at the fact that ONE pack of ramen noodles has 1,700 g of sodium (!!) – that’s a lot! Not to mention the ingredient list includes wheat, soy sauce powder (wheat, soy beans), MSG, artificial flavors, caramel color, and the list goes on. This is why I was so excited to find a gluten free and much healthier version of ramen from a company called Lotus Foods. You can check out all of the varieties of their rice ramen HERE. The only ingredients in the kind I used are brown rice and millet. That’s it! They sell it in a ton of stores (including Thrive Market), but I got a pack of 12 from Costco.
What Ingredients do I need to make this Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry?
You only need a few ingredients to make this dish and I bet you already have most of them in your fridge and pantry!
- Ground beef – I like to get mine from Butcher Box. It’s organic, Grassfed, and delivered straight to your doorstep. You can check it out and order HERE.
- Broccoli – You need 2 cups of chopped florets
- Rice ramen – You can check in out on Thrive Market HERE or look at the store locator on their site to find it! They also have a 12 pack of it at my Costco.
- Coconut aminos – this is a great gluten free soy sauce replacement
- Rice vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Sesame oil
- Ginger (fresh or powdered)
- Crushed red pepper
And you can also turn this into a delicious Whole30 friendly meal by using a veggie noodle – spaghetti squash, zoodles, palmini, or sweet potato noodles would all be delicious!
What are the steps to make it?
To make this, you start by sautéing the ground beef with a bit of salt. While it’s browning, mix all of the sauce ingredients together and set it aside. Remove the beef using a slotted spoon and set it aside on a plate, then add some sesame oil to the pan along with the chopped broccoli. Add a 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover it. Let the broccoli steam for 3-4 minutes, then uncover the pan and add the ground beef back in. Cook the ramen according to package directions and drain it. Add the cooked ramen noodles to the pan with the beef and broccoli, then add in the sauce. Toss it all together over low to medium heat until heated through. Top with extra red pepper flakes and green onion and enjoy!
If you make this Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
Looking for some other Asian-Inspired dishes with a healthier twist? Check out:
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry (Gluten Free)
- 3 blocks Lotus Foods Rice Ramen or 3 cups veggie noodle of your choice for a Whole30 option, cooked
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or oil of choice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- chopped green onions (for garnish) if desired
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger can sub 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and add the ground beef along with a pinch of salt. Cook it for 5-7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove the beef using a slotted spoon and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with the 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pan and let the broccoli steam for 3-4 minutes until it is crisp tender.
- Add the ground beef back to the pan along with the cooked ramen noodles. Add the stir fry sauce and toss everything together over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with extra red pepper flakes and green onions on top, if desired. Enjoy!