Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry (Gluten Free)
This Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry is a delicious 15-minute meal! It uses ground beef, broccoli, rice ramen, and a delicious stir fry sauce. All the flavors of takeout without the gluten, dairy, soy, or MSG!
Ramen noodles used to be my favorite quick snack/meal in college and when I was living on my own. I never really cared too much about ingredients in my food or looking at labels. Now that I know what I do, I cringe at the fact that ONE pack of ramen noodles has 1,700 g of sodium (!!) – that’s a lot! Not to mention the ingredient list includes wheat, soy sauce powder (wheat, soy beans), MSG, artificial flavors, caramel color, and the list goes on. This is why I was so excited to find a gluten free and much healthier version of ramen from a company called Lotus Foods. You can check out all of the varieties of their rice ramen HERE. The only ingredients in the kind I used are brown rice and millet. That’s it! They sell it in a ton of stores (including Thrive Market), but I got a pack of 12 from Costco.
What Ingredients do I need to make this Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry?
You only need a few ingredients to make this dish and I bet you already have most of them in your fridge and pantry!
- Ground beef – I like to get mine from Butcher Box. It’s organic, Grassfed, and delivered straight to your doorstep. You can check it out and order HERE.
- Broccoli – You need 2 cups of chopped florets
- Rice ramen – You can check in out on Thrive Market HERE or look at the store locator on their site to find it! They also have a 12 pack of it at my Costco. If you get the packs with the seasoning packet, omit them for this recipe!
- Coconut aminos – this is a great gluten free soy sauce replacement
- Rice vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Sesame oil
- Ginger (fresh or powdered)
- Crushed red pepper
- Arrowroot starch – this acts as a thickener and helps the sauce come together so it’s not watery!
And you can also turn this into a delicious Whole30 friendly meal by using a veggie noodle – spaghetti squash, zoodles, palmini, or sweet potato noodles would all be delicious!
What are the steps to make it?
To make this, you start by sautéing the ground beef with a bit of salt. While it’s browning, mix all of the sauce ingredients together and set it aside. Remove the beef using a slotted spoon and set it aside on a plate, then add some sesame oil to the pan along with the chopped broccoli. Add a 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover it. Let the broccoli steam for 3-4 minutes, then uncover the pan and add the ground beef back in. Cook the ramen according to package directions and drain it. Add the cooked ramen noodles to the pan with the beef and broccoli, then add in the sauce. Toss it all together over low to medium heat until heated through. Top with extra red pepper flakes and green onion and enjoy!
If you make this Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
Looking for some other Asian-Inspired dishes with a healthier twist? Check out:
Instant Pot Sweet & Sour Chicken
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry (Gluten Free)
- 4 blocks Lotus Foods Rice Ramen, or 3 cups veggie noodle of your choice for a Whole30 option, cooked
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, or oil of choice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ½ cup water
- Salt, to taste
- chopped green onions (for garnish), if desired
Stir Fry Sauce
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger, can sub 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, omit for less spice
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the water for the noodles comes to a boil, heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef along with a pinch of salt. Cook it for 5-7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove the beef using a slotted spoon and set it aside on a plate.
- Add the broccoli to the pan along with the 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pan and let the broccoli steam for 3-4 minutes until it is crisp tender.
- Add the ground beef back to the pan along with the cooked ramen noodles. Add the stir fry sauce and toss everything together over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until heated through and the sauce thickens a bit. Serve with extra red pepper flakes and green onions on top, if desired. Enjoy!
152 Comments on “Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry (Gluten Free)”
Did you use percentage ground beef did you use to get those macros?
Easy recipe and so delicious. My family loved it.
Another knock out recipe by Mary!! Flavor was on point. My whole family of 5 from 7-48 gobbled this up. The only thing I will do differently next time is cook more noodles just based on my 16yo ability to eat everything in site. Great job, Mary!
Thank you Lynn! So glad you all enjoyed it!
This is so delicious! It is easy to make and my picky boys loved it!
One of our family’s favorites! Definitely a staple in our house!
So tasty, plus quick and easy. This recipe is a family favorite and is always in our monthly rotation. Great meal for busy weeknights.
Love this recipe!! It definitely satisfies my craving for Chinese takeout without having to leave the house. Super quick and easy!
Thanks Amber! So glad you love it 🙂
This is a staple in our house! So quick and easy and everyone loves it!!
Thank you Lizabeth!
This is a favorite in my house. My kids ask for this every week and it’s one of the few meals that my two-year old inhales. Mary is the GOAT of gluten free!!
Yes please!!! Not sure what to make? Make this!!! Easy peasy dinner in minutes that’s better than any takeout. Flavor profile is perfect. So glad I found this recipe
Thank you Hailey!
This is no joke a 15 minute meal!! My family eats the beef over white rice instead of noodles and it’s just as delicious!
I make this recipe at least a couple times a month. Thank you for introducing me to that brand of ramen – so good! I’ve swapped out the ground beef for bison from time to time. I also add mushrooms, because I love them. In a pinch, I use a bag of frozen broccoli that I microwave and toss in. I don’t love spicy, so I leave out the red pepper flakes and do a tablespoon of honey. Very easy and quick. Thank you for all of the recipes you share!
Thank you Nancy! I appreciate your review!
Love all of your recipes! This one is simple and a family favorite
Thank you Angela!!
This was delicious and so easy! I made it with beef the first time, filet the second and shrimp the third! They were all so good! Thank you, Mary! You’re the best! ❤️
Thanks Robin! I appreciate you!
I always seem to struggle to nail an authentic and bold stir fry taste when attempting any Asian dish… until this delicious meal! Our 5 year old loved it as well as hubby. It was simple to execute and throw together. The sauce can prepped ahead of time as well as the cooked beef and steamed broccoli. It was such a delicious weeknight meal that I’m adding it to my weekly recipe rotation!
Thank you Angel!
We make this at least 2x a month, and often add additional veggies! My 2yo loves it!
Thank you Alex!
Made this tonight. I added Sambal and fresh garlic. It was a big hit! I’ve already been asked to make it again.
Awesome. Thank you Vicky!