Whole30 Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
This Whole30 Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is a healthier twist on the classic creamy comfort food dish. It is made with spaghetti squash instead of pasta, and a dairy free cashew Alfredo Sauce. This is an easy and delicious meal that the entire family will love!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo is one of my all-time favorite meals. I would order it all the time at Olive Garden growing up! Traditional Alfredo Sauce is typically loaded with butter, heavy cream, and parmesan which can leave you feeling not-so-great. The Alfredo Sauce in this recipe is dairy free and made with real ingredients like cashews, coconut milk, chicken broth, and nutritional yeast. But you would never know it- it tastes just like the real thing!
I decided to turn this into a sheet pan meal for a few reasons. First, to make for easy clean up. It’s so nice to be able to fold up the parchment paper and bam – you’re done! Second, I don’t know about you…but I don’t love cooking chicken on the stove top. I always seem to mess it up and it ends up tasting rubbery. This sheet pan method is a fool-proof way to cook the chicken and broccoli, and it turns out perfect every time.
Since the spaghetti squash takes longer to cook, we add that to the oven first. After 10 minutes, we add in the chicken, and then 10 minutes later…the broccoli. The sauce can be made while everything is roasting, or you can make it up to one day in advance and heat it up on the stove. Just make sure to whisk it well and add more chicken broth if it becomes too thick.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make This Whole30 Chicken Broccoli Alfredo?
- Spaghetti Squash (Try to look for a large one! Or two small ones will work, as well)
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1.5-2 lbs of chicken breasts. I like to get mine from Butcher Box.
- Coconut Milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Lemon juice
- Chicken Broth
That’s it! Unfortunately I do not have a nut-free version of this sauce but I will work on testing some out. I know cashews are an issue for some people, however they have a very unique texture which makes for amazing dairy free sauces!
How long should I roast the spaghetti squash?
I always cut mine in half, scoop out the seeds, and place the halves face down on a baking sheet. I roast it for 35 minutes and it’s never watery and turns out perfect every time. No oil or salt needed!
Do I need to soak the cashews?
If you have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, the answer here is no. No need to soak the cashews. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, I would recommend soaking the cashews in boiling water for at least 30 minutes. This will ensure that you will get a creamy, delicious dairy free Alfredo Sauce without any chunks!
If you make this Whole30 Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
*This page may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Whole30 Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1.5 - 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place the halves cut-side down on a foil lined baked sheet. Place them into the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes. (Total cook time is 35 minutes, but we add in the chicken and broccoli at different times throughout since they all take different amounts of time to cook!)
- Add the chicken strips to a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, the 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Lay them out evenly on a separate parchment lined baking sheet. When the timer goes off, add the sheet pan with the chicken to the oven on the rack underneath the spaghetti squash. Set the timer for 25 minutes.
- Toss the broccoli florets with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. When there is 15 minutes of cooking time remaining, add the broccoli to the sheet pan with the chicken. Use a spatula to flip the chicken and toss it all together. Return the pan to the oven for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Make the alfredo sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high for 1 minute. You can either leave it in the blender, or add the sauce to a small sauce pan and heat over low heat until the veggies and chicken are done cooking. If the sauce becomes too thick, you can add some chicken broth. Make sure to whisk it occasionally, as it will thicken on the stove.
- Scoop the spaghetti squash strands out and serve it with the chicken, broccoli, and sauce on top. Enjoy!