Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli (Whole30, Keto)
This Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli is a delicious, healthier version of the classic Chinese takeout dish. You can make it on one pan and it’s paleo, gluten free, Keto, and Whole30 friendly!
I’m so excited to be partnering with some of my blogger friends to bring you 6 new Whole30 recipes today! We’ve each taken on a different type of recipe – sheet pan, Instant Pot, a soup, Dutch oven, skillet, and slow cooker!
Don’t these all sound amazing?! Click these links to go check out the recipes directly, and scroll down for my Sheet Pan Beef & Broccoli!
Crock Pot Lasagna Soup from Real Simple Good
Paleo Whole30 Sweet Potato Sausage Hash from Real Food with Jessica
Instant Pot Butter Chicken from Paleo Running Momma
Sunday Afternoon Roasted Chicken Soup from The Wooden Skillet
Buffalo Chicken Casserole with Cauliflower Rice from Wholesomelicious
and last but not least:
Sheet Pan Beef & Broccoli
I absolutely love Chinese food, but unfortunately it’s tough for me to order it from restaurants these days! Most of it is may with gluten, soy sauce (which is made from wheat), and MSG. I love recreating staple dishes in healthier ways without sacrificing taste. This dish is no exception! It’s incredibly easy to make, it tastes delicious, and you’ll have minimal clean up since its made on ONE pan 🙂
I used NY Strip for this recipe, but you can use any type of steak you want! I think top sirloin would be the next best option. Coconut aminos replaces soy sauce in this recipe and gives it a bit of sweetness. Serve with cauliflower rice for Whole30 & Keto or regular rice for just gluten free!
Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
- 1.5 lbs NY Strip (or other preferred type of steak- top sirloin would work well!), cut into 1-2 inch cubes
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Add cubed steak to one bowl and broccoli florets to another. Combine the coconut aminos, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, crushed red pepper, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Pour half of the mixture over the steak, and the remaining half over the broccoli. Mix both well.
- Use tongs to remove the steak from the marinade and place it on the baking sheet. Place broccoli onto the baking sheet drizzled with any remaining sauce from the bowl. Spread everything out evenly and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the steak is cooked to desired doneness. Optional: broil for 1-2 minutes to crisp everything up a bit.
- Transfer beef and broccoli to a bowl or plate, and pour any juices from the pan into a small saucepan. Add the 2 tbsp coconut aminos to the pan along with the 1/4 tsp sea salt. Mix the arrowroot powder and water together to create a slurry. Bring the pot to a boil and add the slurry. Reduce heat to medium and stir until thickened.
- Serve the beef and broccoli over cauliflower rice with the extra sauce, sesame seeds, and green onions if desired.