This Spinach Bacon and Mushroom Crustless Quiche is an easy and delicious make-ahead breakfast or brunch item! It is dairy free, grain free, Whole30, and Keto friendly!
Any other quiche fans out there? Don’t get me wrong, I love a good flaky pastry crust…but I think quiche can be just as tasty without it! This is a really versatile dish – you can pretty much add any protein or veggies that you have on hand. The flavors of spinach, bacon, and mushrooms just work together so nicely!
What the heck is Nutritional Yeast?!
I also added some nutritional yeast to give this crustless quiche a bit of a cheesy flavor (because I do miss cheese in my eggs every now and then)! Nutritional yeast has a lot of nutritional value and it is Whole30 compliant- click here to learn more about it and its benefits! I usually get mine from Trader Joe’s or this brand on Thrive Market. Same with coconut milk – my favorite brand is Native Forest! You can also use unsweetened almond milk.
In terms of sugar free bacon, I always get mine from Butcher Box. They usually send either Pederson’s Farms or Butcher Box brand, and it’s always so delicious! I tried to go back to regular bacon and I just can’t do it. You can get 1 pack of bacon for FREE + $10 off your first box using this link!
You can totally make this quiche ahead of time and eat it for breakfast throughout the week. I had some topped with Tessemae’s Everything Bagel Ranch this morning and it was amazing! You can keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Ok, let’s get cookin’!
*This page contains affiliate links. This means when you make a purchase using one of my links, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Spinach Bacon and Mushroom Crustless Quiche
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 8 strips sugar free bacon
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or almond milk if using coconut milk, make sure to shake the can and/or mix well before using because it separates!
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional but gives it a nice cheesy flavor!)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 " round pie pan with cooking oil of choice. Next, cook the bacon. You can either bake it in the oven for 12 minutes or until crispy, OR cook it in a skillet. For the skillet, cut the raw bacon into one inch pieces. Fry in a skillet until mostly cooked through. At this point, add the mushrooms to the skillet with the bacon pieces and saute 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the spinach in and saute for an additional minute. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, coconut or almond milk, and seasonings together well. Add in the cooked bacon, mushrooms, and spinach and mix to combine. Pour the mixture into the pie dish and bake for 40 minutes (or until the eggs are set). Serve with hot sauce or ranch and enjoy!