I am a huge fan of banana bread – especially when it’s in bite-size form! My kids LOVE these muffins, and I am totally okay with that since they’re refined sugar free! They are also grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and delicious. Light, fluffy, moist (sorry – I hate that word, too), and perfect with a cup of coffee!
I actually have a recipe on here which is VERY similar to this, but it’s for donuts! I figured I would create a separate post for muffins since those are more universal (aka not everyone has a donut pan – I get it). I used Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels in this recipe, which are free of the top 8 allergens. If you want to keep these truly paleo, feel free to add pecans or nuts of choice, or use a paleo chocolate!
I also highly recommend using an immersion blender for mixing the wet ingredients. This is probably the most-used kitchen gadget that I own! I definitely recommend getting one – you can use them for baking, making soups, purees, mashed potatoes, etc. This is the one that I have!
*This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups, or spray well with cooking spray if using a non-stick pan. Mix the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla, and maple syrup in a large bowl (using an immersion blender is preferred) until well combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips). Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix well. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling about 2/3 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 16-17 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool completely before eating. Enjoy!