You guys have been loving the sheet pan meals – so here is another easy one! These Sheet Pan Southwest Breakfast Potatoes come together in just 35 minutes. It’s a combo of red potatoes, onions, peppers, and Tex Mex spices = YUM. Throw an egg on top or serve it with your favorite breakfast sausage and salsa! The possibilities are endless, quiet frankly.
One of the best investments I made for my kitchen was to get a large sheet pan for recipes like this. (I also use it for my Sheet Pan Sausage, Potato, & Broccoli dish, as well as my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, and Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers!) It makes things easier to be able to use one pan as opposed to two on two different racks, etc. I use this thing literally every day!
When I was growing up, we called potatoes like this “homefries” (I still do) – and they’re one of my favorite breakfast sides ever! These make enough to feed 6-8 people, so use it as part of your meal prep or to serve guests at a brunch!
I actually just stood over the pan and dipped the potatoes into some lactose-free sour cream after this photo shoot, so that’s an idea, too 🙂 These get super crispy from the combination of avocado oil + ghee and high heat at the end, and I can’t get enough!
*This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Sheet Pan Southwest Breakfast Potatoes
- 3 lbs red potatoes scrubbed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup ghee melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place all of the diced potatoes, onions, and peppers into a large bowl. Add the avocado oil and melted ghee.
- Mix the spices in a separate small bowl, then pour over the potato/onion/pepper mixture. Use your hands to mix them well. Dump the contents of the bowl onto the sheet pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring once. Turn the oven temperature up to 475 and cook for an additional 10 minutes, until crispy. Serve topped with eggs or however you would like! Enjoy!