Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
These Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a simple and delicious meal the entire family will love. Serve in a bowl with cauliflower rice, salsa, and guacamole for Whole30, or serve in some tortillas for taco night! Gluten free, dairy free, and grain free.
I could eat mexican food every single day and it would never get old. I know it’s one type of food that I can make and it will be a hit with the kiddos, too- yay for not having to cook multiple meals for dinner! These chicken fajitas are the easiest, one-pan dish you can make. I served ours in some Siete grain free tortillas, but to make it a Whole30 compliant meal you could do these over some greens for a salad, or over cauliflower rice! You could definitely throw in some shrimp and take things to the next level!
What You Need to Make These Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these healthier chicken fajitas.
- Avocado oil (I like to use this because of the high heat point, but regular olive oil works, too!)
- red bell pepper
- orange bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- medium onion
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts – I love to get organic chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
I love to use this 15 x 21 inch sheet pan for all of my recipes! It’s big enough so everything is spread out and not overlapping, which gets them nice and crispy!
How to make these Whole30 Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the peppers, onions, and chicken into thin strips (about 1/4-1/2 inch wide). Make sure the chicken pieces are of even thickness to prevent uneven cooking.
Put the peppers and chicken strips into a a large bowl and add the avocado oil and spices. Mix it all together and spread it out evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until everything is cooked through and beginning to brown. Serve the fajitas in tortillas, on top of a salad, or in a rice bowl with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
If you try these Chicken Fajitas, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
Looking for some other yummy healthy Mexican-inspired recipes? Check these out:
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange (or yellow) bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice the peppers, onion, and chicken into thin strips (about 1/4-1/2 inch wide). Make sure the chicken pieces are of even thickness to prevent uneven cooking.
- Put these pieces into a large bowl and add the avocado oil and spices. Mix together and spread out evenly on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until cooked through and beginning to brown. Serve in tortillas, on top of a salad, or in a rice bowl with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!