Paleo Shrimp Fried Rice
This Paleo Shrimp Fried Rice is a delicious, healthier version of your favorite takeout food and comes together in just 15 minutes! Gluten free, dairy free, grain free.
I constantly crave takeout, but unfortunately most Chinese food is not gluten free. Luckily, you can make this Paleo Shrimp Fried Rice easily at home using a few simple ingredients!
What Ingredients You Need to Make This Paleo Fried Rice
I used a combination of 1 bag frozen caulirice, 1 bag frozen caulirice/peppers/onions from Sprouts, and 1 bag frozen carrots/peas. You can use any variation of frozen or fresh chopped veggies, though!
Also- If you are a Costco member, they now sell HUGE bottles of Coconut Aminos. Add it to your list next time! So awesome.
I also left the scrambled egg out of these pictures since I knew the kids wouldn’t eat it with them in there. But I personally love egg in this dish.
How To Make This Fried Rice
Thaw your shrimp under cold running water and remove the tails. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp sesame oil. When it’s hot, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on a each side with a bit of salt and pepper. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
Add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan and add in the frozen cauliflower, carrots, peas, onion, and garlic. Sauté them for 5-7 minutes until they’re mostly cooked through.
Push the veggies to the side of the pan and use the open space to scramble your egg. Mix the egg into the mixture then add the shrimp back into the pan along with all of the sauce ingredients.
Stir for 3 minutes over medium high heat until any extra liquid cooks off. Serve and enjoy!
Looking for some other delicious paleo shrimp recipes? Check these out!
Let’s get cookin’!
This page may contain affiliate links – Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 12 oz bags frozen cauliflower rice, I like this better than fresh - it doesn't get as mushy!
- 12 oz frozen carrot/peas mix
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 lb frozen (or fresh) shrimp, I like the bag of raw/tail-on frozen shrimp from Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Thaw and remove tails from shrimp. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp sesame oil. When hot, add shrimp and cook for ~ 2 mins each side with a bit of salt & pepper. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan and add in the frozen cauliflower, carrots, peas, onion, and garlic. Saute/cook until heated through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Push the veggies to one side of the pan and use the other side to scramble your egg. Crack it and use a spatula to quickly scramble/cook the egg, then mix it all together. Add the shrimp back into the pan along with the remaining ingredients. Stir and bring to a boil, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until any extra liquid cooks off. Serve and enjoy!