This Paleo Pistachio Pudding tastes just like the Jello mix, but it’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and vegan! It’s made with real food, no additives, and is perfect for all of your St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
With St. Patty’s (or Paddy’s? It’s actually Paddy’s, I think.) Day right around the corner, I wanted to come up with a semi-healthy dessert to have after our traditional boiled dinner of corned beef and cabbage! Growing up (1/2) Irish, my mom used to make a green bundt cake made with Jello Pistachio Pudding mix to celebrate our heritage….and it was the bomb.com. I wanted to create something similar in taste, but without all of the additives and sugar. This pudding tastes SO similar – I could not believe it! And it’s dairy free, gluten free, grain free, vegan, and JAM packed with healthy fats.
What Ingredients do I need to make this Paleo Pistachio Pudding?
- Pistachios – I used the Wonderful brand of pistachios (shells removed) with sea salt. Any shelled ones will work!
- Coconut milk – make sure to blend or mix it before measuring, as it separates in the can!
- Avocados – Look for ripe, softened ones (but not brown!)
- Almond Extract – I make sure to look for a brand that says gluten free on the bottle!
- Vanilla Extract – same for this – pure vanilla extract is best.
- Maple Syrup – Try to find 100% pure organic maple syrup
- Spinach – organic, raw
I used my Vitamix to make this pudding. A high powered blender will work best! I got a refurbished version for a lot cheaper than a brand new one.
If you make this Paleo Pistachio Pudding, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife!
*This page contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Pistachio Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (blend or stir before measuring- I used Native Forest canned brand)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shells removed, I used salted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place the pistachios in a bowl. Boil 1 cup of water and pour over the nuts. Let them soak for 10-15 minutes (or longer is fine). Drain and rinse.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender like a Vitamix. Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into whatever jars or containers you prefer to use. I used pint sized glass mason jars that come with lids (from Target). Put in the fridge to chill for 5-6 hours, or in the freezer for 1 hour +. Enjoy topped with coconut, more pistachios, or dairy-free whipped cream!