This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a simple 5-ingredient Whole30 and Keto meal! Tender chicken, buffalo sauce cauliflower rice, broccoli, and dairy free cream cheese make for the best combo! It comes together in 20 minutes and can also be made in the slow cooker.
The other night, I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I had some chicken breasts and broccoli in the fridge, cauliflower rice in the freezer, and a tub of Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese. I thought to myself – PERFECT! Everything I need to make my Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole! But then I saw a bottle of Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce staring at me in the pantry. Should I add it in? Yes – yes, I should. Well – turns out it was the best decision ever. My husband agreed this needs to go into our regular rotation!
Also, I absolutely love my Instant Pot. It is the most used kitchen appliance that I own hands down! If you don’t have one yet, I highly recommend making the investment. If you’re scared of it like I used to be, then you can totally use a slow cooker for this too. I’ll include directions for both 🙂
What Ingredients do I need to make this Buffalo Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole?
- Chicken breasts – I used 3 of them (about 1.5 lbs). I like to get my organic chicken breasts from Butcher Box!
- 1 bottle of Buffalo sauce – I used Primal Kitchen but any brand will work! Check ingredients if doing Whole30. Tessemae’s and The New Primal are both great, as well.
- 1 lb frozen cauliflower rice – I get this at Costco.
- 1 bag broccoli florets – We roast this in the oven while the chicken is cooking so it gets nice and crispy (and not overcooked).
- Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese (can sub regular cream cheese if you tolerate dairy) – some may consider this SWYPO, but the ingredients are Whole30 friendly! I usually get Kite Hill at Giant, Wegmans, Sprouts or Safeway.
I topped mine with some Tessemae’s ranch dressing – but this is totally optional.
If you make this casserole, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can see your creations!
Looking for some other yummy Whole30 Instant Pot recipes? Check these out:
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Casserole (Whole30, Keto)
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts I used 3 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle sugar free buffalo sauce Primal Kitchen, Tessemae's, or The New Primal will all work!
- 1 12 oz bag broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 16 oz package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tub Kite Hill chive almond milk cream cheese can sub regular cream cheese if you tolerate dairy
- Preheat your oven to 415. Add the broccoli florets to a parchment lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts to your instant pot and pour the entire bottle of buffalo sauce on top. Toss the breasts so they are coated and some of the sauce is touching the bottom of the pot. This will prevent the burn notice from happening! Cook the chicken on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the cauliflower rice. This can be done in the microwave if you have a microwavable frozen bag, or on the stove.
- When the chicken is done cooking, manually release the steam. Shred the chicken using two forks. Add in the cooked cauliflower rice and tub of Kite Hill cream cheese. Stir to combine. Add in the cooked broccoli and stir. Serve topped with Tessemae's ranch dressing, if desired. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Add the chicken and buffalo sauce to your slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, cook the broccoli and cauliflower rice according to the directions above. Shred the chicken using two forks, then combine everything. Stir well and serve with ranch dressing, if desired. Enjoy!