This Instant Pot No Bean Chili is a delicious classic chili recipe, minus the beans! It is packed with ground beef, veggies, and lots of savory spices. This chili is also Whole30, Paleo, and Keto friendly!
I love to eat chili all year long! Even though it’s officially spring, lately I’ve been craving all of the cozy comfort foods. There is something about being stuck at home that makes me want all the soups and stews! This chili is a delicious classic recipe, minus the beans. It is packed with ground beef, veggies, and spices like chili power, cumin, paprika, and a not-so-secret addition: cacao powder. I LOVE adding it to my chili recipes because it provides so much depth and bold flavors. Just trust me – you gotta try it!
I made this chili in the Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Gotta love a quick meal the entire family will devour! I have also included slow cooker directions below. We served it with some Bob’s Red Mill GF cornbread and it totally hit the spot. This Instant Pot No Bean Chili is Whole30, Paleo, and Keto (although you may want to omit the carrots for Keto)!
What Ingredients do I need to make this Instant Pot No Bean Chili?
- Ground beef – I like to get mine from Butcher Box. You could also do 1/2 ground pork!
- Carrots, Celery, Red Pepper, Onion, Garlic
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilis
- tomato paste
- diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- chicken or beef broth
- coconut aminos
- frank’s red hot (or any hot sauce)
- Chili powder
- Raw Cacao Powder
I also like to top mine with jalapeños, lactose free sour cream (or my Whole30 sour cream), and corn bread!
If you make this Instant Pot No Bean Chili, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
Stay safe and healthy,
*This page contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Instant Pot No Bean Chili (Whole30, Paleo)
- Instant Pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 carrots diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups beef (or chicken) broth
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Frank's Red Hot
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Turn the Instant Pot to "saute" mode. Add in the olive oil and let it heat up. Add in the ground beef and the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, using a spoon to break up the meat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and give everything a good stir. Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Let it naturally release for 10 minutes. Release the steam, then stir. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onions and saute for 5-7 minuted until the beef is mostly browned. Transfer the beef and onions to the slow cooker and add in the remaining ingredients. Stir well. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours. Serve and enjoy!