Herb Roasted Potatoes with Cashew Pesto (Whole30, Paleo)
These Herb Roasted Potatoes with Cashew Pesto are a delicious and easy side dish. They pair perfectly with eggs for breakfast, or any protein for dinner! They are Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten Free.
These crispy Herb Roasted Potatoes have been on rotation here at the Smith household for years now. I’m not quite sure why it took me this long to make a home for them on the blog, but here we go! This is my staple recipes for roasted potatoes. They are incredibly easy to make, delicious, and pair perfectly with eggs or protein. I decided to top them with some homemade Cashew Pesto yesterday, and the flavor combination was out of this world!
What Ingredients do I need to make these Herb Roasted Potatoes with Cashew Pesto?
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious side dish.
- Potatoes – I like to use baby gold potatoes – but any small or baby potato (any color) will work.
- Olive oil
- Dried parsley
- garlic powder
- onion powder
And for the cashew pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- Nutritional Yeast – this is not active yeast – it just gives it a “cheesy” flavor without the dairy
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
It’s important to use a sheet pan that gives the potatoes enough room to roast without overlapping. This is my favorite sheet pan! This will cause them to steam and they won’t get crispy. I would also recommend parchment paper vs foil – this will prevent sticking.
You can, of course, eat these potatoes without the pesto if you want. However, it does make a lovely addition! Some other sauces that are delicious for dipping: Ketchup, Tessemae’s Ranch, and Lemon Garlic Aioli.
If you make these Herb Roasted Potatoes with Cashew Pesto, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations! Looking for some other delicious summer side dishes? Check out my Cilantro Lime Coleslaw, Watermelon Cucumber Salad, or Mexican Street Corn and Tomato Salad!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Herb Roasted Potatoes with Cashew Pesto
- 3 lbs baby gold potatoes, or any color baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Preheat your oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the quartered potatoes to a bowl along with the olive oil and herbs/spices, and toss to combine. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet, turning the potatoes to make sure they are cut-side down. Roast for 30-35 minutes. Do not flip! This will ensure they get nice and crispy.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the cashew pesto. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times until the consistency is still slightly chunky but not quite a paste. Serve the potatoes with the pesto. Enjoy!