A refreshing, sweet, and spicy summer salad made from watermelon, cucumber, jalapeño, lime juice, and mint! This watermelon cucumber salad is Whole30 and paleo friendly!
It’s officially BBQ season! Time to break out all of the fun, refreshing salads and side dishes. This Watermelon Cucumber salad is the epitome of refreshing. Every bite is cool, crunchy, sweet, and spicy…and I can’t get enough! Pro tip: you can even throw all of it into a blender with some tequila and make a ridiculously good margarita 😉
If you tolerate dairy and want to throw some feta cheese on top, it would make an amazing addition to this salad! My ideal plate would be a huge juicy burger, corn on the cob, sweet potato fries, and this salad. I may need to make that happen for Mother’s Day this weekend!
Additionally, feel free to omit the jalapeño if spice is not your thing. I do think it adds a lot of flavor and is worth keeping in there!
Let’s get cookin’!
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 3 cups cubed peeled cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, finely diced
- feta cheese OPTIONAL - but delicious!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Refrigeration prior to serving is ideal, but not required. Enjoy!