Gluten Free Tuna Macaroni Salad (Dairy Free)
This Gluten Free Tuna Macaroni Salad is incredibly easy to throw together! It is sure to be a crowd pleaser at all of your springtime gatherings and summer BBQs. Gluten free noodles are tossed with tuna, mayo, cucumbers, peas, pickles, and lemon resulting in a bright, fresh, and tasty side dish! This is also dairy free!
This Tuna Macaroni Salad was a staple at all of my family gatherings growing up. My Aunt Ethel would always bring it, and it was my favorite! It’s about time that it got a spot on the blog. I made a gluten free / dairy free version, and it is just as tasty as I remember! This pasta salad is truly the easiest thing ever to make. I personally think it tastes even better the next day, so feel free to make it ahead of time!
What You Need to Make This Gluten Free Tuna Macaroni Salad
- I’ve found gluten free pasta salads work best with brown rice pasta where the only ingredient is brown rice. I love Jovial Foods brand! It really tastes like regular pasta. You can use any shape – I just prefer macaroni / elbows!
- Tuna – Safe Catch or Wild Planet Foods are the two brands I love.
- Mayo – I like Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo. I get the big jar at Costco!
- Pickles – Grillo’s are amazing!
- Frozen peas, thawed
- Salt & Pepper
That’s it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
How to Make This Gluten Free tuna Macaroni Salad
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Let them cool, or cool under cold running water after draining. Drain the tuna, add it to a large bowl and use a fork to mash it up. Transfer the drained cooled noodles to the bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Mix everything together well. Serve immediately, or let it chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. Enjoy!
Looking for some other delicious spring & summer side dishes? Check these out!
If you try this macaroni salad, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Gluten Free Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 16 oz gluten free elbow pasta, or pasta of choice. I like Jovial Foods!
- 3 cans tuna, drained. I like Wild Planet Foods
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup peas, cooked and cooled
- 2 pickles, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Cool it under cold running water. Cook the peas according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- Drain the tuna and add it to a large bowl. Use a fork to mash it up.
- Add the cooked & cooled pasta to the bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine. Serve immediately, or let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. Enjoy!