When it comes to Christmas Cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms are pretty high up there on my list of favorites. At first I was going to attempt to make a paleo version of these…but when you take into consideration the fact that PEANUT butter is a legume and not allowed, it kind of defeats the purpose. I am sure there is a lovely almond butter version somewhere out there…but I kind of just wanted the real deal. As real as they can get with still being gluten free, of course. So yes, this recipe has regular sugar, regular old peanut butter, and regular Hershey Kisses. It’s ok to splurge every now and then, people! My mom took a bite of one of these today and said “how the heck do they taste better than the regular ones I make?!” – gotta love it. So there ya go, you won’t even know these are gluten free!
My preferred gluten free all-purpose flour is Cup 4 Cup brand. You can substitute it for the exact amount of regular flour you would use in most recipes.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 30-36 Hershey's Kisses, depending on how big your cookies are
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups gluten free flour, Cup 4 Cup is the brand I prefer
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- extra sugar, for rolling the balls in
- Preheat oven to 375. Unwrap all of your Hershey's Kisses. Cream the butter and peanut butter together in a large bowl. Add both sugars, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir vigorously until creamy.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt). Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Roll the dough into 1.5 inch balls. Place extra sugar on a plate and roll each ball in it until fully coated. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom and sides are beginning to crack. Immediately press a Hershey's Kiss down into the middle of each cookie. Remove from pan and let them cool on a cooling rack. This made about 32 cookies...but it will depend on how large your balls are. (haha. why do I still laugh at things like this?) Enjoy!