An easy and delicious Whole30 friendly side dish – smashed boiled potatoes get topped with ghee and herbs and baked to perfection!
These Crispy Herb Ghee Smashed Potatoes are one of my favorite sides! It’s an easy, cheap, and crowd-pleasing dish which is Whole30 compliant, paleo, dairy free- you name it. Red potatoes get boiled, smashed, brushed with melted ghee, sprinkled with garlic/herb seasoning and Himalayan pink salt. Simple wins almost every time! You can serve these alongside a steak or salmon and a veggie for a show stopping meal. The flatter you smash them, the crispier they get.
My favorite type of ghee to use is Fourth and Heart, and Thrive Market also makes a good one, as well! You can find the Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning here, or create your own mix as stated in the recipe below. I love all of Primal Palate’s spice blends and use them everyday! Use any of the item links above and get 25% off your first Thrive Market order. I use Thrive to get all of my healthier pantry staples at discounted prices. And it get’s delivered right to your doorstep which is a busy mom’s dream! 🙂
If you make this (or any of my recipes), be sure to tag me @maryswholelife!
Ok, let’s get cookin’!
*This page contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Crispy Herb Ghee Smashed Potatoes
- 12 medium sized red potatoes (You can use smaller or larger ones- just adjust boiling time)
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- 1-2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb seasoning (If you do not have this, combine garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and sage in a small bowl and use 1-2 tsp of this mixture)
- Preheat oven to 425. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add whole potatoes and boil until fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and use the bottom of a cup or jar to smash each potato. The skins will break- this is okay! Melt the ghee in a small bowl in the microwave. Brush each potato with some of the ghee, then sprinkle evenly with the salt and garlic/herb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy and browned on the top. Enjoy with your favorite ketchup, ranch, sour cream, or on their own!