These meatballs are loaded with brussels sprouts and carrots and pack a ton of flavor – They are Whole30 compliant and ready in 25 minutes! I like to make a big batch (2 lbs of turkey yields 24 meatballs) during meal prep to eat throughout the week. They are so versatile – Here i served them with cashew pesto zoodles, but they would also be great with some coconut aminos to give them little Asian flare!
Veggie Loaded Turkey Meatballs
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 bag shredded brussels sprouts, I used the pre-shredded kind from Trader Joes- 1/2 a bag equals out to be about 8 oz
- 1/4 bag shredded carrots, TJ's brand again - if you don't have pre-shredded veggies, feel free to shred your own in the food processor
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add shredded brussels sprouts and carrots and saute for about 5 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the brussels and carrots once they are cooled. Use (clean) hands to combine everything together.
- Use your hands to form 1.5 inch balls (1 lb of meat should yield 12 balls) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through. Serve with whatever you desire 🙂 Enjoy!