Cappello’s makes grain-free (and soy-free) pasta, pizza, and cookie dough – total game changer!
Gnocchi with Mushrooms, Chicken Sausage, and Cashew Pesto
- 1 package Cappello's Paleo Gnocchi
- 1 package Bilinski's Wild Mushroom with Italian Herbs Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 12 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- Make the pesto: combine basil, cashews, garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, sea salt, and olive oil in a blender and blend on high for 20-30 seconds until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add sliced sausages and mushrooms to the pan and sautee for 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water for the gnocchi. They cook in 3 minutes or less and can overcook easily, so make sure you stir them every 30 seconds and watch the pot closely. When they rise to the top, they are done.
- Drain the gnocchi and add it to the pan with the mushrooms and sausage. Pour the pesto over top and stir to combine. Enjoy!