Pizza Breakfast Casserole
This Paleo Pizza Breakfast Casserole is a delicious egg bake filled with Italian sausage, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and topped with pepperoni! It is perfect for making ahead of time and reheating throughout the week.
This post was updated with new photos on 8/18/20.
Is there anything better than pizza? For breakfast?! Well, let’s be honest – this is far from the real thing. But if you’re looking for a great make-ahead, paleo/Whole30, delicious breakfast that you can quickly reheat for a healthy meal on the go, you need this Paleo Pizza Breakfast Casserole in your life.
What Ingredients do I need to make this casserole?
You have the option of using any sausage you have on hand, or homemade turkey sausage (directions included below). If you’re doing a Whole30, make sure to use a sugar and nitrate free brand of both sausage and pepperoni. You can also omit the pepperoni if you can’t find any without sugar or dextrose. Prosciutto would also be a lovely addition to the top! I used salami in these photos. I love the sugar-free Whole30 compliant sausage from Butcher Box – a monthly meat delivery service which brings grass-fed meat, heritage breed pork, and organic chicken right to your door! Click here to learn more about it!
You can also switch up the ingredients using whatever you have on hand – feel free to get creative with whatever “pizza” toppings you want! I topped this with some ranch dressing and it was amazing. It lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge, so if you make it on a Sunday, you should be good for the week.
This is also a great make-ahead meal for Christmas morning, holiday gatherings, brunch, etc.
If you make this Paleo Pizza Breakfast Casserole, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use my link to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Pizza Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb Ground Italian or Breakfast Sausage, if not using turkey sausage
- 10-12 regular or turkey pepperoni
- 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with olive oil or avocado oil.
- Make sausage. Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. If making turkey sausage, add all ingredients and cook 5-7 minutes until no longer pink. If using other sausage, cook 5-7 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Add cooked sausage to the bottom of the casserole dish. Using the same pan, add remaining olive oil and chopped onions and peppers. Cook until onion is opaque and beginning to soften, 3-4 minutes. Add onions and peppers to the casserole dish along with the drained canned diced tomatoes.
- Whisk 12 eggs with the italian seasoning in a bowl. Pour the eggs over the meat and veggies and stir to combine. Top with pepperonis. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through and the eggs are firm/set. Top with ranch dressing and enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.