1800 Watermelon Margarita
These watermelon flavored margaritas are the ultimate summer cocktail! The perfect mix of Blanco tequila, fresh lime, and watermelon juice, this 1800 margarita recipe is the best!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Makes This Recipe Great
I’ve been enjoying my Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas quite a lot lately, so I decided it was time for more flavored margaritas! With Memorial Day coming up, summer is about to kick off and it couldn’t be better timing for a delicious 1800 margarita recipe! If you want something even more tropical, check out this Passionfruit Margarita!
These watermelon flavored margaritas are naturally sweetened with watermelon juice, and they are so refreshing and delicious! The best part? With only a few simple ingredients, this 1800 margarita is super easy to make!
Regular margaritas and mixes can contain gluten, tons of sugar, additives, and other stuff to leave you with a nasty headache the next morning. These flavored margaritas are squeaky clean and have just the right amount of sweetness from the watermelon juice. The perfect summer cocktail!
Watermelon Margarita Ingredient Notes
Tequila: I prefer to use tequila that says “100% agave” on the bottle, which means that no additives, fillers, sugar, or other junk have been added! My favorite is 1800. I prefer Blanco tequila over darker colored ones because it has a lighter taste and goes well with flavored margaritas. Darker tequilas have typically aged longer and are better for sipping on the rocks!
Limes: Freshly squeezed lime juice gives this 1800 margarita the perfect amount of tartness.
Watermelon: You can buy pre-cubed pieces in the produce department or cut your own watermelon. If you blend up 1 cup of watermelon cubes, it produces 3/4 cup of juice which is what we need for this recipe. I used my Vitamix to get the juice super smooth.
Salt or Sugar for the rim: For salt, I prefer to use kosher coarse salt for my flavored margaritas.
Recipe Step by Step
- Blend the watermelon chunks in a high-speed blender for 30 seconds. Combine the tequila, lime juice, and watermelon juice in a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of two glasses, then dip them in salt or sugar for the rim. Fill the cups with ice. Shake and pour the flavored margaritas into the glasses, and top with lime sparkling water to fill glasses, if desired. Stir.
- Add a lime wedge for garnish, and enjoy this 1800 margarita!
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Sweeter: If you prefer to have a sweeter margarita, you can add in some maple syrup or honey syrup (equal parts honey and warm water), or agave syrup. I didn’t feel the need to do this, personally.
Juicer: This is the juice squeezer that I use for cocktails!
Of course! I prefer an 1800 margarita, but I also like Patron. Choose your favorite Blanco tequila!
Yes! In the printable recipe card below, you can increase the serving size before you print, which will adjust the recipe to many servings as you need!
Other Healthy Summer Cocktails To Enjoy
1800 Watermelon Margarita
- 4 oz blanco Tequila, 1800 is my favorite!
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup watermelon juice , (blending 1 cup of cubed watermelon will yield a little more than this)
- lime sparkling water, If you need to fill the glasses up a bit more
- coarse sea salt or sugar for rim, if desired
- agave syrup, as needed, if you like your drink extra sweet. I did not feel the need to use this!
- Blend the watermelon chunks in a high speed blender for 30 seconds. 1 cup of watermelon cubes will yield 3/4 cup juice.
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, and watermelon juice in a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of two glasses, then dip them in salt or sugar for the rim.
- Fill the cups with ice. Shake and pour the watermelon flavored margaritas into the glasses, and top with lime sparkling water to fill glasses, if desired. Stir. Add a lime wedge for garnish, and enjoy this 1800 margarita!
This recipe was originally published on April 30, 2020 and updated with new photos and copy on May 16, 2022.