These Paleo Watermelon Margaritas are the perfect refreshing cocktail for summer!
I’ve been enjoying my Paleo Jalapeño Margaritas quite frequently during this quarantine, and I decided it was time for another marg recipe! With Cinco de Mayo coming up on Tuesday, it couldn’t better timing. These Paleo Watermelon Margaritas are naturally sweetened with watermelon juice, and they are so refreshing and delicious!
What Ingredients do I need to make these Paleo Watermelon Margaritas?
These are so easy to make and you only need a few simply ingredients! Regular margaritas and mixes can contain gluten, tons of sugar, additives, and other stuff to leave you with a nasty headache the next morning. Not these bad boys! They are squeaky clean and have just the right amount of sweetness from the watermelon juice.
TEQUILA: I prefer to use tequila that says “100% agave” on the bottle – this means that no additives, fillers, sugar, or other junk have been added! My favorites are 1800 and Patron. I prefer blanco tequila over darker colored ones because it has a lighter taste and goes well with margaritas. Darker tequilas have typically been aged longer and are better for sipping on the rocks!
LIMES: Fresh squeezed lime juice gives these margaritas the perfect amount of tartness.
WATERMELON: I bought pre-cubed pieces in the product department since watermelon isn’t technically in season yet. If you blend up 2 cups of watermelon cubes, it produces a little less than 2 cups of watermelon juice! I used my vitamix.
SALT or SUGAR for the rim: For salt, I prefer to use kosher coarse salt.
If you prefer to have a sweeter margarita, you can add in some maple syrup or honey syrup (equal parts honey and warm water), or agave syrup. I didn’t feel the need to do this, personally.
This is the juice squeezer that I use for cocktails!
If you make them, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your yummy creations! When you share my recipes, it means the world!
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use my link to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Watermelon Margaritas
- Citrus Squeezer
- 4 oz blanco Tequila
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup watermelon juice (blending 1 cup of cubed watermelon will yield a little more than this)
- lime sparkling water If you need to fill the glasses up a bit more
- coarse sea salt or sugar for rim if desired
- agave syrup as needed, if you like your drink extra sweet. I did not feel the need to use this!
- Blend the watermelon chunks in a high speed blender for 30 seconds. Combine the tequila, lime juice, and watermelon juice in a cocktail shaker with some ice. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of two glasses, then dip them in salt or sugar for the rim. Fill the cups with ice. Shake and pour the margaritas in the glasses, and top with lime sparkling water to fill glasses, if desired. Stir. Add a lime wedge for garnish, and enjoy!