Paleo Thanksgiving Margarita
This Paleo Thanksgiving Margarita is the perfect festive and refreshing cocktail to enjoy over the holidays this year! It’s made with a combination of apple cider, tequila, fresh citrus, and a homemade cinnamon honey simple syrup.
This Paleo Thanksgiving Margarita has all the flavors of a fresh classic margarita with a fall twist! It’s made with real ingredients and is gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
What You Need to Make These Paleo Thanksgiving Margaritas:
This is my all-time favorite cocktail to make. Regular margaritas and mixes can contain gluten, tons of sugar, additives, and other stuff to leave you with a nasty headache the next morning. However, not these!
- Tequila: I prefer to use tequila that says “100% agave” on the bottle – this means that no additives, fillers, sugar, or other junk have been added! My favorites are 1800 and Patron. I prefer blanco tequila over darker colored ones because it has a lighter taste and goes well with margaritas. Darker tequilas have typically been aged longer and are better for sipping on the rocks!
- Apple cider- Look for fresh apple cider where the only ingredients are apples!
- Orange juice – fresh squeezed is preferred
- Cinnamon sticks
- Honey – Look for pure, raw organic honey with no additives.
- Apple slices & cranberries for garnish
- Coarse sea salt (or sugar) for rim
This is the shaker that I have!
Also, you can also totally omit the tequila for a delicious mocktail.
How to Make These Margaritas:
First, make the cinnamon honey simple syrup. If you prefer margaritas that aren’t too sweet, you can omit this step.
Combine 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup honey, and 2 cinnamon sticks in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium high heat for a few minutes and stir until the honey is completely dissolved. Let it cool. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks for other cocktails!
Next, use a lime wedge to wet the rim of your glass. Dip your glass into the salt on a plate to coat the rim. Fill the glass with ice.
Add the tequila, apple cider, orange juice, squeeze of lime, and cinnamon honey syrup into a shaker with some ice and shake well. Pour the mixture over the ice in your glass. Finally, garnish with apple slices, cranberries, and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
Looking for some other fun cocktails? Check these out:
Finally, if you try these Thanksgiving Margaritas and love them, a rating and review on the blog would mean the world!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Thanksgiving Margarita
- 2 oz 100% agave tequila
- 2 oz apple cider
- 1 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 squeeze lime juice
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt, for rim
- apple slices, cranberries, and cinnamon sticks, for garnish - optional
- 1/2 oz cinnamon honey simple syrup, more if you like it sweeter!
Cinnamon Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Make the simple syrup: Combine the honey, water, and cinnamon sticks in a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat. Stir for 2-3 minutes until the honey is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Pour the salt on a plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of your glass. Dip the rim into the salt to coat. Fill the glass with ice.
- Add the tequila, apple cider, orange juice, lime juice, honey simple syrup, and ice to a shaker. Shake well, then pour into the glass. Garnish with an apple slice, cranberries, and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!