Passion Fruit Margaritas
These passion fruit margaritas are a flawless mix of sweet & tart & make every day feel like island time! The perfect tropical beach margarita!
What Makes This Recipe Great
There’s nothing better than a refreshing, ice-cold margarita on a hot day. While I have been loving my Spicy Skinny Margarita and Watermelon Margaritas, I was craving something more tropical for summer!
Enter, Passion fruit, the flavor of summer! With simple, clean ingredients, and easy instructions, these passion fruit margaritas will be your go-to cocktail for BBQs, gatherings, and beach days all summer long!
Make a glass, or a pitcher, you just can’t go wrong with the perfect beach margarita!
Passion Fruit: Frozen passionfruit pulp cubes can be found in the freezer section at many stores. I got these at Wegmans! Microwave them for 1 minute to turn to juice. 6 cubes = 2 oz of juice.
Tequila: I prefer to use tequila that says “100% agave” on the bottle, which means that no additives, fillers, sugar, or other junk have been added! My favorite is 1800 or Patron. I prefer Blanco tequila because it has a lighter taste and goes well with this beach margarita.
Fresh Lime & Orange Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice gives this beach margarita the perfect amount of tartness, while the orange juice adds to the sweetness of the drink.
Honey Simple Syrup: Combine equal parts of honey and water in a small bowl and stir. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the honey is dissolved. Let it cool before using. You can also heat it up briefly on the stove to let the honey dissolve.
Recipe Step by Step
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the tequila.
- Add the passionfruit pulp (or juice), lime juice, orange juice, and sweetener of choice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour salt on a small plate. Use a wedge of lime to wet the rim of two margarita glasses, then dip them into the salt to coat.
- Fill both glasses with ice, then pour the margarita mix over top. Garnish with a slice of lime (or a pretty flower), and enjoy!
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Make a Pitcher: To make a pitcher of passion fruit margaritas, click “print recipe” below and change the quantity to 12. The recipe will adjust all ingredient quantities to make the perfect pitcher of this beach margarita!
While they aren’t the “skinniest”, these margaritas are only 172 calories per serving. If you want to make it more skinny, cut the agave nectar and orange juice in half!
Yes! It’s easy to find frozen passion fruit at Costco, frozen pulp cubes at Wegman’s and other local grocery stores, however, you can also just use passion fruit juice instead. While the pulp is thicker, juice will work just fine!
You can use hibiscus, plumeria, or even just a colorful umbrella to jazz of this beach margarita.
Passion Fruit Margaritas
- 3 oz blanco tequila
- 2 oz passionfruit pulp or juice, see below for tips on pulp!
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 oz agave nectar , or honey syrup (see below for how to make)
- coarse sea salt, for rim – optional
- Add salt to a small plate. Use a wedge of lime to wet the rim of two margarita glasses, then dip them into the salt to coat.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the tequila, passionfruit pulp (or juice), lime juice, orange juice, and sweetener of choice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Fill both glasses with ice, then pour the margarita mix over top. Garnish with a slice of lime (or a pretty flower), and enjoy! This recipe makes 2 margaritas.