Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp
This Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp is a delicious, easy dessert made with healthier ingredients. It is perfect for spring – especially when you top it with a scoop of coconut ice cream!
I’m a sucker for a good fruity dessert topped with coconut ice cream, and this Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp totally hit the spot this week. It’s so easy to throw together, and you can use whatever berries you have on hand! The crumble on top is made from a combination of nuts, coconut, and other pantry staples. I’m trying to up my sweet vs. savory recipe game over here, since it seems like all everyone wants to do these days is BAKE! Including me – quarantine or not, I think baking needs to happen more often around here.
What ingredients do I need to make this Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp?
- Berries – I used strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, but you can use any combination of these four.
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Arrowroot or tapioca flour (can sub corn starch if not paleo)
- Almond flour
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil (can sub ghee)
- Pecans, chopped
I used a 7.5 in x 10.5 in baking dish for this recipe. If you want to use a 9×13, I suggest doubling the recipe.
I did try making this with frozen berries, and it was very soupy. It’s definitely possible if that is all you have, but just know it will have more liquid than if you use fresh berries.
My favorite vegan/GF ice cream is Luna and Larry’s Coconut Bliss – Vanilla Island. It is so good on this berry crisp!
Looking for some other springtime desserts? Check out my Paleo Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars or Paleo Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake bars!
If you make this Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy (and sane)!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you purchase something using one of my links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp
- 5 cups berries*, I used sliced strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder, can sub tapioca starch
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans , or any nut of choice
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut , unsweetened
- ¼ cup coconut oil in solid form, can sub ghee (not vegan)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375. Toss all of the filling ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to a 7.5x10.5 inch casserole dish.
- Add all of the topping ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times until a chunky granola-like consistency is formed. Alternatively, to avoid using a food processor, you can finely chop the nuts and add them to a bowl and mix with the remaining topping ingredients.
- Spread the topping evenly over the berry mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until the sides are bubbling and the topping is lightly browned. Enjoy with a scoop of ice cream of choice!
7 Comments on “Paleo Vegan Berry Crisp”
We love this crumble “crisp” recipe, can use any fruits seasonal, light but delicious 🤤
This is delicious! Sweet, yet tart and a perfect lighter dessert! Definitely will make again and again!
Absolutely delicious!! Made this for Mother’s Day and everyone really enjoyed.
Oh sweet baby Jesus this recipe is fit for a king
Could you use xathum gum instead of the arrowroot powder or tapioca?
This was one of the best berry crisps I have ever made! It has simple ingredients, it’s easy to assemble and a total crowd pleaser!! I’m pretty sure will be eating it all summer, especially while berries are in season. I also substituted almond flour for coconut flour. I did a little less coconut flour than the recipe called for. My daughter asked me if she could eat it for breakfast..ha!
Thank you so much, Elizabeth! So glad you enjoyed it!