Dairy-Free Key Lime Pie Bars (No Bake)
These dairy-free key lime pie bars are a delicious springtime recipe! They have all of the flavors of traditional key lime pie cheesecake without all the gluten or dairy! Complete with a vegan gluten free pie crust, these no bake cheesecake bites are the perfect treat!
This recipe was originally posted on April 7, 2020 and updated with new photos and copy on May 2, 2022.
What Makes This Recipe Great
It’s officially springtime, which means it’s time for no-bake desserts! Key Lime Pie is my all-time favorite dessert. The perfect combo of sweet & tart, I just can’t get enough! I wanted to make a quick & easy vegan and gluten-free version and these dairy-free key lime pie bars totally hit the spot!
With vegan gluten free pie crust and delicious key lime filling, these are no bake cheesecake bites that everyone will love!
The best part? They are so easy to make! All you need is a food processor (preferred) or a blender and a bunch of pantry staples! The “cheesecake” filling is made from creamy cashews and coconut milk, and it’s incredible how much it tastes like regular cheesecake.
Vegan Gluten Free Pie Crust
- Pecans & Macadamia Nuts: I like to get all of my nuts from Trader Joe’s – they have a great selection of raw nuts at great prices. Any brand of pecans or cashews will work- just make sure they are raw. You can just use all pecans if it’s all you have!
- Coconut oil or Ghee: If you have a dairy allergy, make sure to use coconut oil. If you aren’t a big fan of the coconut taste, refined coconut oil is flavorless.
- Pitted dates: These make such a wonderful alternative sweetener!
- Almond flour: Pie crust with almond flour is so easy and delicious. It’s a great low-carb alternative to gluten-free flour.
- Shredded Coconut: Make sure to look for unsweetened so there isn’t any added sugar.
Key Lime Pie Filling
- Raw Cashews: See recipe notes or tips and tricks for the best way to prep your cashews.
- Pure Maple Syrup: A little goes a long way!
- Full Fat Coconut Milk (or cream): You will only use the hardened/thick white coconut milk. save the rest for another use.
- Key Limes: You’ll use both the zest and the juice from the limes.
- Pantry Staples: Vanilla Extract, Salt, & Cinnamon
Recipe Step by Step
- Make the Crust: Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a slightly chunky sticky mixture has formed. Press it down evenly into the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Make the Filling: Wash out the food processor, drain the cashews (if soaked), and add all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high speed for 1.5-2 minutes until the mixture is very creamy and no lumps remain.
- Finish the Bars: Pour it on top of the crust and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Freeze for 2+ hours until hardened. Slice into 9 bars. Enjoy!
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Soak Cashews: The filling will become very creamy a lot faster if you soak the cashews for at least 30 minutes in hot water. If you don’t have time, it’s ok. It will still work! I didn’t soak them before making these, and I just ran the food processor for about 2 minutes to get it really creamy.
Pan Size: I used an 8×8 metal pan for this recipe. No need to spray the bottom because the crust is oily enough that it should just pop right out! You can use a 9×9 pan, but the bars will just be a little bit thinner.
Serving: These no bake cheesecake bites are best when you remove them from the freezer 10-15 minutes before eating so they have time to soften up a bit.
Storage: Store these key lime pie no bake cheesecake bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Yes! You can freeze these bars for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes before serving!
Yes! This recipe makes such a delicious no-bake vegan gluten free pie crust with almond flour, pecans, and macadamia nuts. Use it as a base for other no-bake desserts- you can’t go wrong!
These dairy-free key lime pie bars are “healthy” in the sense that they use real, all natural ingredients. While they’re high in calories, they’re a great treat! The sugar content is SO much lower than standard recipes, which makes them a much better choice than other desserts. You can also cut the bars into 12 or 16 pieces instead of 9 to cut down on the calories.
More Gluten Free Pies & Bars
Dairy-Free Key Lime Pie Bars (No-Bake)
Vegan Gluten Free Pie Crust
- Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a slightly chunky sticky mixture has formed. Press it down evenly into the bottom of a 9×9 pan. Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Wash out the food processor, drain the cashews (if soaked), and add all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high speed for 1.5-2 minutes until the mixture is very creamy and no lumps remain. Pour it on top of the crust and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Freeze for 2+ hours until hardened. Slice into 9 (3×3 inch) bars. Enjoy!