Paleo Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars (No Bake)
These Paleo Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars are a delicious no-bake springtime treat! They have all of the flavors of traditional key lime pie without any gluten or dairy!
It’s officially springtime, which means it’s time for no-bake desserts! I personally have been doing lots of baking and dessert-making during this quarantine. Key Lime Pie is my all-time favorite dessert (yes – I like it more than chocolate), and these no-bake Paleo Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars were a long time coming! They are so easy to make. All you need is a food processor (preferred) or a blender and a bunch of pantry staples! The “cheesy” cake filling is made from a combination of cashews and coconut milk, and it’s incredible how much it tastes like regular cheesecake.
What do I need to make these Paleo Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars?
I like to get all of my nuts from Trader Joe’s – they have a great selection of raw nuts at great prices. Any brand pecans or cashews will work- just make sure they are raw.
- Macadamia nuts (can just use all pecans if it’s all you have!)
- Coconut oil or ghee
- Pitted dates
- Almond flour
- Shredded coconut
- Raw cashews
- Pure maple syrup
- Full fat coconut milk (or cream) – we will only use the hardened/thick white coconut milk. save the rest for another use.
- Limes (3)
- Vanilla extract
- Salt & cinnamon
The filling will become very creamy a lot faster if you soak the cashews for at least 30 minutes in hot water. If you don’t have time, it’s ok. It will still work! I didn’t soak them before making these, and I just ran the food processor for about 2 minutes to get it really creamy.
I used a 9×9 silicone square cake pan to make these – but any 9×9 or 8×8 (they will just be a little thicker) pan will work. With a silicone pan, you don’t have to worry about any sticking!
If you make these Paleo Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see!
Looking for another fun No Bake treat? Check out these Paleo Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bars!
I hope you’re all staying safe and healthy. Thinking of you all! xo
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars (No-Bake)
- 1.5 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, can sub another 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or ghee, in solid form
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, ideally soaked in hot water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 cup coconut cream , or the thick part of can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, can sub honey
- zest from 3 limes
- juice from 3 limes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a slightly chunky sticky mixture has formed. Press it down evenly into the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Wash out the food processor, drain the cashews (if soaked), and add all of the filling ingredients. Blend on high speed for 1.5-2 minutes until the mixture is very creamy and no lumps remain. Pour it on top of the crust and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Freeze for 2+ hours until hardened. Slice into 9 (3x3 inch) bars. Enjoy!
- These are best when you remove them from the freezer 10-15 minutes before eating so they have time to soften up a bit.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.