Dairy Free Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
This cranberry jalapeno dip is an easy, gluten-free, no-bake appetizer made from dairy free cream cheese & homemade cranberry jalapeno salsa. It’s similar to the Costco version, but with simple, healthier ingredients. The perfect holiday appetizer recipe to share at any gathering!
What Makes This Recipe Great
Dips & sauces make meals so much better, right? Serving the perfect appetizer dip is seriously one of the best things to me. Costco sells a super popular cranberry jalapeno dip that looks so yummy, but it’s full of things I just can’t eat anymore! So, once again, I set out to re-create this amazing dip without dairy or gluten, and it’s another amazing recipe!
Fresh cranberries, green onions, fresh cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, orange zest, coconut sugar, maple syrup, sea salt, cumin, and dairy free cream cheese make this cranberry jalapeno dip the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you’ll be thinking “move over Costco!” (Just kidding, I could never. But this dairy-free dip really is that good!). This delicious, dairy free cream cheese dip is will be your “go-to” this holiday season.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients
Fresh Cranberries: Use fresh cranberries for this recipe. I do not recommend using frozen as they will be too watery.
Jalapeños: Make sure to seed and dice your fresh jalapeño! This keeps the cranberry jalapeno dip from being overwhelmingly spicy. Mixed with the plant-based cream cheese, it has a very mild spice.
Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese: I used Kite Hill’s chive-flavored cream cheese for this cranberry dip, and I loved the chive flavor! Really any dairy free cream cheese will work in this dip. Trader Joe’s also has a really good one. Remember, you will need two containers (16oz).
Recipe Step by Step
- Add the fresh cranberries to your food processor and pulse a few times until they are chopped.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except the cream cheese) and pulse a few more times until everything is combined.
- Spread the cream cheese along the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry jalapeño mixture and serve with grain-free crackers.
What to Serve with Cranberry Jalapeno Dip?
Grain-Free Crackers – I love Simple Mills!
Tortilla Chips – Siete brand is amazing!
Sliced Cucumber Rounds
Gluten-Free Pita Chips
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Serving: Let the cranberry jalapeno mixture chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours to let the flavors meld. If you need to serve right away, don’t worry – it will still be good!
Storage: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve right from the fridge!
Dairy: If you aren’t dairy free, feel free to use regular dairy cream cheese.
I recommend not freezing the cream cheese dip after it has all been combined. However, you can freeze the cranberry jalapeño salsa in an airtight container for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the fridge, and serve over fresh dairy-free cream cheese.
Yes! Use a pie dish that has a lid, or cover your dip with plastic wrap or foil. Make sure it’s on a flat surface while traveling.
You’ll Love These Gluten Free Dips…
Dairy Free Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 16 oz Kite Hill Cream Cheese (2 tubs), feel free to sub any dairy free cream cheese (or regular)
- Add the cranberries to your food processor and pulse a few times until they are chopped. Add in the remaining ingredients (except the cream cheese) and pulse a few more times until everything is combined. For best results, let the cranberry jalapeño mixture chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours to let the flavors meld. If you need to serve right away, don't worry – it will still be good!
- Spread the cream cheese along the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry jalapeño mixture and serve with grain free crackers. Enjoy!