Paleo Cranberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
This paleo cranberry & jalapeño cream cheese dip is an easy, gluten-free, no-bake appetizer made from dairy-free cream cheese & cranberry jalapeño salsa!
Dips & sauces make meals so much better, right? Serving the perfect appetizer dip is seriously one of the best things to me. Costco sells a super popular cranberry jalapeño dip that looks so yummy, but it’s full of things I just can’t eat anymore! So, once again, I set out to re-create this amazing dip without dairy or gluten, and it’s another amazing recipe!
Featuring the perfect blend of fresh cranberries, green onions, fresh cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, orange zest, coconut sugar, maple syrup, sea salt, cumin, and dairy-free cream cheese, my paleo cranberry jalapeño cream cheese dip has all the creamy textures and sweet & spicy flavors of the regular recipe without all the other stuff.
Take this dairy-free appetizer dip to any holiday gathering, and it’s sure to be a hit!
What Makes this Paleo Cream Cheese Dip so Great?
As I mentioned, my jalapeño & cranberry cream cheese dip is dairy free and gluten free, so it’s the perfect dip for a holiday gathering of people with various dietary restrictions. It’s impossible to tell that it’s vegan cream cheese, and the sweet & spicy cranberry jalapeño salsa adds a ton of delicious flavor. The best part is that this homemade cream cheese dip is so easy & effortless, and tastes absolutely delicious!
The perfect holiday appetizer, just in time for all your parties (or even just a low-key Sunday!)
How to Make this Dairy-Free Appetizer
Cranberries are a Fall/Winter fruit, so this appetizer dip is a super festive dish to bring to gatherings in November & December. I like to serve it at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other gathering I go to during this time!
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you’ll be thinking “move over Costco!” (Just kidding, I could never. But this dairy-free dip really is that good!). The perfect mix of sweet and spicy, this dip is will be your “go-to” this holiday season.
- Fresh Cranberries – I do not recommend using frozen for this recipe!
- Green Onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- Jalapeños: Make sure to seed and dice your fresh jalapeño’s! This keeps the cranberry jalapeno dip from being overwhelmingly spicy.
- Orange Zest
- Coconut Sugar & Maple Syrup: I use these to counteract the tartness of the cranberry with a subtle hint of sweetness!
- Sea Salt
- Kite Hill Dairy-Free Cream Cheese: I used Kite Hill’s chive-flavored cream cheese for this recipe, and I loved the chive flavor! Really any dairy-free cream cheese will work in this dip, so if you have a favorite, use that! But remember, you will need two containers (16oz). This is available at most grocery stores near me!
- Add the fresh cranberries to your food processor and pulse a few times until they are chopped.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except the cream cheese) and pulse a few more times until everything is combined. (See Mary’s Tips & Tricks for helpful notes!)
- Spread the cream cheese along the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry jalapeño mixture and serve with grain-free crackers. Enjoy!
(scroll down for the printable recipe below!)
More Paleo, Gluten Free, & Dairy Free Appetizer Dips
What to Serve with Cranberry Jalapeño Dip?
Grain-Free Crackers – I love Simple Mills!
Tortilla Chips – Siete brand is amazing!
Sliced Cucumber Rounds
Gluten-Free Pita Chips
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
For best results: Let the cranberry jalapeño mixture chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours to let the flavors meld. If you need to serve right away, don’t worry – it will still be good!
Storage: Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve right from the fridge!
Can you freeze jalapeño cranberry cream cheese dip? I recommend not freezing the cream cheese dip after it has all been combined. However, you can freeze the cranberry jalapeño salsa in an airtight container for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the fridge, and serve over fresh dairy-free cream cheese.
I want to bring this appetizer to a holiday party, does it travel well? Yes! If you have a pie dish that has a lid, that would be super easy, otherwise, you can cover your dip with plastic wrap or foil and make sure it’s on a flat surface while traveling.
Pin This Recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Cranberry Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 16 oz Kite Hill Cream Cheese (2 tubs), feel free to sub any dairy free cream cheese (or regular)
- Add the cranberries to your food processor and pulse a few times until they are chopped. Add in the remaining ingredients (except the cream cheese) and pulse a few more times until everything is combined. For best results, let the cranberry jalapeño mixture chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours to let the flavors meld. If you need to serve right away, don't worry - it will still be good!
- Spread the cream cheese along the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry jalapeño mixture and serve with grain free crackers. Enjoy!