An easy and delicious Paleo version of one of my favorite appetizers! This Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip is Whole30, Keto, gluten free, and dairy free.
I’m honestly surprised that it took me this long to get a Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe up on the blog! It’s one of my all-time favorite appetizers, but unfortunately the dairy doesn’t sit so well anymore. I’ve made a couple different versions from paleo cookbooks, but they all took a LONG time/had multiple steps involved. I wanted to create one that could be prepped and mixed within 10 minutes or less before popping it into the oven. This was a big hit at our Halloween party this weekend!
Let’s Chat Ingredients:
I used Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo for this recipe because it’s my favorite. It used to have sugar, but they recently reformulated it without it! So it’s now Whole30 friendly and Keto. I get a huge jar of it every time I go to Costco so we always have it on hand. You can also use homemade mayo if you have a recipe you love to use – I’ve just found that I prefer to use store-bought.
Nutritional Yeast is what gives this dish the cheesy flavor without any dairy. I usually get it at Trader Joe’s, but you can also find it on Thrive Market or in your local grocery store. You can omit it, but it won’t have that cheesy flavor!
If you’re doing a Whole30, make sure to stick with veggies for dipping! If you’re enjoying your food freedom, then this is amazing with some Siete grain free tortilla chips!
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of these links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip (Whole30, Keto)
- 2 14.5 oz cans artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped, reserve a few leaves to decorate the top
- 3 cups raw spinach coarsely chopped
- 1.5 cups mayonnaise I like Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 2.5-3 qt casserole dish with ghee or olive oil. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into the casserole dish and spread out evenly. Use the few artichoke leaves you set aside to create a "flower" decoration on the top (see photos above - optional). Bake for 25-30 minutes until the sides are bubbling and the dip is hot. Serve with fresh veggies or grain free tortilla chips. Enjoy!