Instant Pot Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (Dairy Free)
This Instant Pot Keto buffalo chicken dip is a easy & tasty app that everyone will love! Complete with Crock pot & Oven instructions!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Makes This Recipe Great
There is nothing like a good keto dip! Creamy buffalo sauce + chicken is the best combination in my opinion. This is one of my go-to recipes whenever we host at our house. It’s also perfect for the keto diet, because this dip is naturally low carb. Traditional buffalo chicken dip has blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles. Unfortunately, many people cannot have these due to gluten and dairy intolerances. So, I set out to create a keto buffalo chicken dip that’s healthy, whole30, and paleo, and I have to say it turned out amazing! Tender shredded chicken, perfectly creamy, and just the right amount of heat= perfection!
The great thing about this keto buffalo dip is that it’s made with simple ingredients. The chicken breasts get cooked with buffalo sauce, ghee, and spices, so, all you have to do is plop them into the pot and let them cook! That’s it! It couldn’t be easier. This low carb buffalo chicken dip is sure to be a hit on game day and it’s the perfect appetizer for football season.
- Keto & low carb buffalo dip when served with veggies
- Gluten free & dairy free
- Easy to make
- Instant pot & crock pot variations
- You can use pre-cooked shredded chicken or canned chicken for convenience
- Can be made ahead and baked before serving
- Best buffalo chicken dip out there!
- Paleo & Whole30 friendly
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer! Feel free to use pre-shredded rotisserie chicken or canned chicken, as well. If you have leftover chicken in your fridge, this is the perfect way to use it up!
- Frank’s Hot Sauce: or hot sauce of choice. Use a mild sauce for a less spicy version! Frank’s Red Hot is medium-level spicy.
- Ghee: I love the 4th and Heart brand and I get it on Thrive Market.
- Spices: Paprika, Salt & Garlic Powder.
- Kite Hill Cream Cheese: This is an almond milk-based dairy free cream cheese. It also happens to be Whole30 compliant. Any dairy free brand of cream cheese will work. If you tolerate dairy, feel free to use regular cream cheese.
- Ranch Dressing: I love Tessemae’s Whole30 compliant version but any ranch will work! Blue cheese dressing is also an option if you are ok with dairy.
How To Make This Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
How To Make This Easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Preheat your oven to 375. Pour the hot sauce and ghee into the instant pot.
- Place the chicken breasts on top in an even layer, making sure not to overlap if possible.
- Sprinkle the paprika, salt, and garlic powder on top of the chicken. Lock the lid and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and shred the chicken breasts using two forks (or a stand mixer). You can do this directly in the pot, or move the chicken to a cutting board.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and toss with the buffalo sauce.
- Stir in the cream cheese and the ranch dressing, then pour into a 8 x 8 (or 10 x 7) casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the creamy dip is hot and the sides are bubbling.
- Top with green onions, if desired. Serve with carrots, peppers, or vegetables of choice. Low carb tortillas or chips work, too!
Bake Only – No Instant Pot
- If you want to use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken that you already have on hand, simply combine 4 cups of cooked, shredded chicken with all of the ingredients.
- Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes. You can also use canned chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Buffalo Dip
- Add the ghee, hot sauce, chicken, and spices to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken, then add in the softened cream cheese and ranch and stir. Serve as-is, or transfer to a baking dish and bake at 375 for 20 mins until it’s bubbling.Serve with carrot sticks, bell peppers, or tortilla chips.
- To make just shredded buffalo chicken, simply follow the first steps until you are done shredding the chicken.
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
How to Serve This Recipe: You can serve this healthy buffalo chicken dip with veggies for keto and Whole30, Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips, or Simple Mills Sea Salt Crackers for paleo. This also makes a great base for buffalo chicken casserole. Stir in some cooked pasta, rice, or spaghetti squash for the ultimate complete meal!
Baking Option: It’s best to use an 8×8 or 10×7 inch baking dish for this dip. A 9×13 is going to be too large! If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also make this in the oven. It will require pre-cooked shredded chicken.
Nut-Free: To make this nut-free, sub 3/4 cup mayo for the almond milk cream cheese.
Storage: Store leftover buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freezing: To freeze, place cooled dip in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight then bake or microwave until warmed through.
It’s SO easy! Simply bring your chicken breasts to a boil in a large pot of water. Cover and remove from the heat. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Shred, and you’re done!
1. Simply combine the hot sauce, ghee, chicken breasts, and spices in the slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours then shred the chicken.
3. Add in the cream cheese and ranch. You have the option to heat it for a few minutes and leave it as-is, or you can transfer it to a baking dish and bake it until bubbling per the directions.
This keto buffalo chicken dip is totally low carb! In one serving of this buffalo chicken dip, it has just 2 net carbs! Serve with celery sticks or veggies to keep it low-carb.
Instant Pot Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip (Dairy Free)
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, can also sub boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead. I used 3 breasts.
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot, or preferred hot sauce
- ¼ cup melted ghee
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese*, See below for a nut free alternative
- ½ cup Tessemae's Ranch dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375. Pour the hot sauce and ghee into the instant pot. Place the chicken breasts on top in an even layer, making sure not to overlap if possible. Sprinkle the paprika, salt, and garlic powder on top of the chicken. Lock the lid and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and shred the chicken breasts using two forks (or a stand mixer). You can do this directly in the pot, or move the chicken to a cutting board. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and toss with the buffalo sauce. Stir in the cream cheese and the ranch dressing, then pour into a 8 x 8 (or 10 x 7) casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the dip is hot and the sides are bubbling. Serve with veggies, Siete chips, or Simple Mills crackers.
Bake Only – No Instant Pot
- To use pre-cooked chicken, simply combine 4 cups of cooked, shredded chicken with all of the ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Combine the ghee, hot sauce, chicken, and spices in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken and add in the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Serve as-is, or transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 mins at 375.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken (no dip)
- To make just shredded buffalo chicken, simply follow the first steps until you are done shredding the chicken. Serve on wraps, on salads, or in bowls with cauliflower rice, tomatoes, cucumbers, and ranch!
This recipe was originally published on January 20, 2020 and updated with new photos and copy on April 30, 2022. Updated again with new copy on November 2, 2023.