Looking for the perfect easy grain-free wrap recipe? This is it! I love me some Siete tortillas, but they can get expensive (and are hard to find!) – These can be used as crepes, tortillas for enchiladas/tacos, or wraps. I went the sweeter route when I made these today, but we had enchiladas using them over the weekend and they were amazing, as well. Best of both worlds, sweet AND savory options!
The main “starch” in these is arrowroot powder. It doesn’t take much to hold these together nicely – they have a solid consistency which holds up well when you add fillings!
I used my pancake griddle to cook these and sprayed a bit of avocado oil on prior to pouring the batter. If you have a crepe pan, that would obviously work well, too.
This recipe yields about 8 8 inch crepes.
Grain-free Crepes/Tortillas/Wraps (paleo)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (omit for tortillas/wraps)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (omit for tortillas/wraps)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Heat a griddle or crepe pan over medium low heat (I set mine on 4) and spray with a bit of cooking oil (I used avocado oil, but coconut oil or palm shortening wold work well, too).
- Pour about 1/8 cup of batter per crepe. Cook for 10-15 seconds per side until lightly browned. Remove and set aside while you make the others. These can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days, or frozen to use at a later time! Just layer them in between parchment paper for storage. If making crepes, fill with desired fruits/chocolate, etc. and enjoy!