Gluten Free Orange Crush
This Gluten Free Orange Crush recipe is a healthier spin on the classic Maryland-based cocktail. Refined sugar free, gluten free, and delicious! Perfect for summer!
Typically, Orange Crushes are made with orange vodka, fresh squeezed orange juice, triple sec, and sprite. In this healthier version, we use Tito’s gluten free vodka (or any GF vodka of choice), fresh squeezed OJ, lime soda water, and homemade honey simple syrup! A little less sugar, same amount of delicious! This is the perfect cocktail to serve all summer long.
I recently got a SMEG juicer, and it’s literally life changing! You can make fresh squeezed citrus juice in just a few seconds and it’s so easy. Linking it here if you want to check it out! They also have so many cute colors!
What You Need to Make This Gluten Free Orange Crush
- Tito’s Vodka
- Lime flavored soda water (or any flavor you want)
How to Make These Crushes
First, make the honey syrup. You can do this easily by combining equal parts warm water with honey. For this recipe, you only need 1 tbsp of the honey syrup per drink. I like to combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup honey and keep the leftovers in the fridge. This way you can pull it out and use it more cocktails at another time! Stir well until the honey dissolves, then you’re done with that part.
Next, fill a cup with crushed ice. Pour in 2 oz of vodka. Then add the juice from 1.5 oranges (3 halves). Next, add the 1 tbsp honey syrup, then fill it up the rest of the way with soda water. Give it a stir, garnish with an orange round, and you’re done! Cheers!
Looking for some other healthyish cocktail ideas? Check these out!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Gluten Free Orange Crush
- 2 oz Tito's vodka , or gluten free vodka of choice
- 1.5 Navel oranges, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey simple syrup*, see below for how to make this!
- soda water, to fill glass
- crushed ice, to fill glass
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Juicer / Citrus Squeezer
- First, combine the warm water and honey to make the honey simple syrup. Stir until the honey is dissolved. You can transfer this into a bottle to save for future use. You will only need 1 tbsp per cocktail!
- Fill a glass with crushed ice. Add in the 2 oz Tito's vodka, followed by the fresh squeezed orange juice. Add 1 tbsp honey simple syrup, then fill the rest of the way up with soda water. Stir, garnish with an orange slice, and enjoy!