Frittatas are so easy and versatile. This makes a great brunch item, or works well when made at the beginning of the week to have on hand for an easy weekday breakfast. You can add any veggies/meat you want- the egg is your oyster!
Butternut Squash Noodle Frittata
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash noodles, or other veggie noodle of choice- I use the pre-cut ones from the grocery store)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet (or any oven safe skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add in all chopped veggies/noodles and garlic and saute until they begin to soften. Add all of the spices and cook for an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the veggies and tilt the pan so it spreads out evenly.
- Cook on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until the edges begin to set.
- Bake the frittata for 8-10 minutes until the rest of the egg mixture has set - Enjoy!