I am a HUGE chili fan, especially in the fall/winter months. This Whole30 compliant version has no legumes (beans) and is packed with a bunch of different veggies and spices. I like to top mine with mashed avocado and mix it all together for the perfect amount of creaminess 🙂
Siete grain-free tortilla chips are also a great addition for topping or dipping (but side note- chips are NOT Whole30 compliant!)
Also- it can be tough to find a compliant beef broth to use during Whole30. My favorite brand is Bonafide Provisions, and it can be found in the freezer section at many health food stores!
Whole30 Veggie Loaded Beef Chili
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large cast iron skillet. Add onions, peppers, garlic, jalapeno, and carrots. Saute until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes, then turn heat to low.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a separate skillet until cooked through. Add the beef to the veggies.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, and spices and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 mins to 1 hours - the longer the better! Enjoy!