Whole30 Taco Skillet
You guys asked for easy, quick meals – so here ya go! It honestly doesn’t get easier than this. I wasn’t planning on recipe testing or doing anything special for dinner last night, then this just kinda happened! Annabel asked for tacos, but I realized I didn’t have any non-flour tortillas for me. So, I made up this easy one-pan meal and ended up serving it with avocado, cilantro, and lactose-free sour cream for me, and inside of a tortilla for the kids! And they had no clue there was cauliflour mixed in – WINNING 🙂 This is similar to the Paleo Taco Pie – it’s basically the filling without the tortillas, with no baking involved.
You only need 3 main ingredients + a bunch of spices that you probably already have on hand to make this! I used grass-fed ground beef from Butcher Box (click here to get 2 lbs of grass-fed, grass-finished beef for free for the lifetime of your subscription!), frozen cauliflower from Trader Joe’s, and a 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilis from Trader Joe’s.
Omit the lactose-free sour cream to make this completely Whole30 compliant. Or, add cheese and sour cream and anything else your heart desires if you aren’t doing Whole30! I try to make all of my meals customizable to meet the needs of (mostly) everyone. I also have a cashew dairy-free sour cream (whole30 compliant!) recipe on the blog!
Whole30 Taco Skillet
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice , (I prefer this over fresh- better consistency - doesn't get mushy!
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 tsp avocado or olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Brown the beef in a large saute pan. Drain, remove from the pan, and set aside. In the same pan, add the oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the frozen cauliflower rice and cook for 4-5 mins until softened.
- Add the beef back into the pan along with the tomatoes (with juices), and spices. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce. Enjoy!