Paleo Taco Pie
When I saw Siete Foods announce on Instagram that they were doing a #sietechef contest where you have to create a recipe using any of their products + secret ingredients (avocado & cauliflower), I was like, YES. This is right up my alley 🙂
This is how I placed half of the tortillas in my pie dish as the bottom layer. (Above)
At first I thought of doing cauliflower tacos, but then realized there will probably be 800 other people doing that as well. Then I thought of some kind of nachos…but I didn’t feel like driving all the way back to Wegman’s to get more chips. So, it was time to get creative with the almond flour tortillas I had on hand! Enter…Taco Pie. Except it’s a way healthier version than the one you grew up loving!
This is a super easy weeknight meal that your whole family will LOVE. Feel free to add cheese and sour cream for those non-paleo peeps.
This page may contain affiliate links – Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Paleo Taco Pie
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package Siete Foods Grain Free Tortillas , (I used the almond flour ones)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced for serving
- cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat a large saute pain over medium heat and add the avocado oil. Add ground beef and onion and saute 5-7 mins until browned and no longer pink. Add in the cauliflower rice along with all of the spices, and stir 3-4 additional minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Turn to low and simmer while you begin to assemble to pie.
- Spray a pie dish with avocado or olive oil. Place 1/2 of the tortillas (4 out of the 8) on the bottom of the dish to create the bottom layer of the pie, overlapping slightly to fit. Top with half of the beef/cauli/onion/tomato mixture. Layer the last 4 tortillas on top of that, and then top those with the remaining half of the beef mixture.
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes. Top with avocado & cilantro (or cheese and sour cream if you tolerate dairy!) Enjoy!