These Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa are a delicious and refreshing meal made with fresh mahi mahi and a creamy chipotle lime aioli. Serve as tacos or in bowls! This meal is gluten free, paleo, and Keto.
Fish tacos are one of my favorite summer meals. I was originally going to serve these in lettuce cups (which you can certainly do). However, a bowl just seemed like an easier and less messy option! These Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa have a few moving parts, but luckily you can make a couple of them ahead of time. The salsa and the aioli can both be prepped earlier in the day and stored in the fridge.
What Ingredients do I need to make these Fish Taco Bowls?
- Mahi mahi (or any white flaky fish): I got frozen mahi fillets at Costco. I couldn’t believe how delicious they were! They are melt-in-your-mouth GOOD! I thawed them in the packaging in cold water before cooking.
- For the fish seasoning: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, and cayenne
- For the mango salsa: mangoes, tomato, red onion, avocado, limes, jalapeño, salt, cilantro
- For the chipotle aioli:
- Mayo – I love Sir Kensington’s avocado oil mayo which is now Whole30 compliant!
- Chipotle powder – this is optional but gives it amazing flavor
- lime juice
- minced garlic
- hot sauce
How do I cook the Mahi Mahi?
I cooked mine in a skillet, but you can also grill or bake it! For the skillet method, simply heat the oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat for a few minutes. Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the thawed fish fillets, then add them to the pan. Don’t touch them for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes until just opaque and they flake easily with a fork. It’s that easy!
I would grill them for the same amount of time on medium high heat. Just make sure your grill is really well-oiled!
For baking, try 400 for 10-12 minutes.
Ok, that’s it! If you make these Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa
- 4 6 oz. mahi mahi fillets or white fish of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Spice Mixture for Fish
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or less if you don't like heat!
Chipotle Lime Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 mangos peeled and diced
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- bibb lettuce leaves or regular taco shells of choice
- Purple Cabbage sliced thin
- Lime slices
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Combine the ingredients for aioli and mix well. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine the mango salsa ingredients and stir well. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Combine the spice mixture for the fish. Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Place the fish on a paper tower or pan and sprinkle both sides of each fillet with some of the spice mixture. Use your fingers to press it in so it sticks. Add the fish to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on the first side. Flip and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until just opaque and it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the fish in tacos or in a bowl topped with the mango salsa, chipotle lime aioli, and additional sides/toppings of choice. Enjoy!