Peachy Beet Salad
This is the perfect side for a summer BBQ – sweet & refreshing! I used pre-cooked and peeled beets (from Trader Joes) to save time, but if you only have raw beets on hand that is fine. Just bake them for 40-50 mins in a 400 degree oven and peel/slice. This is also Whole30 compliant!
This recipe was inspired when I tried a side of beets, pineapple, and jicama with mint and dill at a Latin restaurant in Lake Tahoe last week. The combo of flavors was so good – I decided to swap the pineapple for peaches and add in some lime and red onion.
- 1 package cooked beets, (Trader Joes or Love Beets brands work well) diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 medium sized peach, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- squeeze lime
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!