Paleo Beef Enchiladas
This is close enough to tacos for Taco Tuesday, right? 🙂 I was craving enchiladas today and decided to try out a new recipe using my favorite Siete Foods almond flour tortillas + the dairy free sour cream from my site. I made a simple enchilada sauce from tomato sauce, chicken stock, and spices. This meal takes about 35 mins start to finish if you really use your multi-tasking skills. If i can make it with two cranky kids in the background, you can, too.
Being gluten and dairy free can still be super delicious, people! These were a hit with the husband and the kids. BONUS!
Paleo Beef Enchiladas
A paleo version of the Mexican favorite!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 6-8 Siete grain-free tortillas ((1 pack has 8 tortillas)
- 18 oz tomato sauce (I used 1.5 12 oz cans from Trader Joes)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Coconut Aminos
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer while you make the enchiladas.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add onions, green chilies, and beef and saute until browned and cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of the sauce plus the 1/2 tsp salt and stir to combine.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- For the tortillas, you can heat each one individually for 10-15 seconds on a hot griddle or pan, or microwave for 10-15 seconds on a plate. Once heated, fill each tortilla with 1 bit of the meat mixture, fold the sides over, and flip it over so the seam is tucked underneath. Place on top of the enchilada sauce in the baking dish. Do this until all tortillas have been filled and placed in the dish. Top with remaining sauce and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling.
- Top with Dairy Free Sour Cream (see notes for recipe link), cilantro, and avocado. Enjoy!
Here is the Dairy-free sour cream recipe!
Calories: 355kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 1511mg, Potassium: 656mg, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 1626IU, Vitamin C: 16mg, Calcium: 63mg, Iron: 4mg