One Pot Paleo Hamburger Helper
This One Pot Paleo Hamburger Helper is a healthier version of the childhood comfort food classic! It comes together in just 20 minutes and is sure to become a family favorite! This recipe is gluten free, grain free, and dairy free.
Thank you to Jovial Foods for sponsoring this post!
Any other Hamburger Helper fans out there? I used to make the cheesy, yummy boxed kind when I was younger and it was the BEST! Except, not exactly the healthiest! When Jovial Foods asked me to help with their new grain free Cassava pasta launch, I knew I had to recreate this delicious childhood favorite in a healthier way. This One Pot Paleo Hamburger Helper is so simple to make and uses minimal ingredients. I hope your family loves it as much as mine did!
What Ingredients do I need to make this One Pot Paleo Hamburger Helper?
- The main ingredient and what makes this paleo is Jovial Food’s new grain free cassava pasta! You can click here to find out where you can purchase it near you (and it’s also sold on their website).
- Grassfed ground beef
- Minced garlic
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Chicken or beef broth
- Paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
The “cheese” sauce is made from cashews and is completely dairy free. For this, you’ll need:
- raw, unsalted cashews
- minced garlic
- lemon juice
- nutritional yeast – this is inactive yeast that gives dishes a “cheesy” flavor without the dairy. I get it at Trader Joe’s near the parmesan cheese
- sea salt
If you make this One Pot Paleo Hamburger Helper, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife. I love seeing your creations!
Looking for some other delicious gluten free and dairy free pasta recipes? Check these out!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
One Pot Paleo Hamburger Helper
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 3.5 cups chicken broth , or beef broth
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 boxes Jovial Foods grain free cassava elbows, 12 oz total
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritonal yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and ground beef. Saute for 5-7 minutes until the beef is mostly browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, broth, and spices. Stir and bring it to a boil, then add in the cassava pasta. Cook it for 10 minutes (or according to package directions if using another pasta), stirring frequently to prevent anything from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the "cheese" sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high for 30 seconds - 1 minute until very smooth and creamy. When the pasta is done, it may look like there is excess liquid in the pot. This is okay - it will thicken while standing! Stir in the "cheese" sauce and top with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve and enjoy!