This is the Ultimate Whole30 Paleo Meatloaf recipe! It is packed with flavor and even includes some hidden veggies. Kid friendly and tastes just like the kind mom used to make! Gluten free, dairy free, and grain free.
I grew up loving my mom’s meatloaf recipe. She never used to include any of the ketchup mixture on top – but apparently that’s how a lot of you grew up eating meatloaf! So, it’s totally optional. I actually like it a lot either way. This classic meatloaf recipe is packed with grass fed ground beef, shredded carrots, Italian seasoning, and I also included pork Panko. You can omit it and use all almond flour instead, but pork Panko is an incredible swap for regular breadcrumbs! I am a meat and potatoes kinda gal, so I served this with some scalloped potatoes. Some other ideas for serving with this are: green bean casserole, Whole30 mashed potatoes, garlic mashed cauliflower (in my cookbook!), or sweet potato fries!
What You Need To Make This Ultimate Whole30 Paleo Meatloaf
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this delicious meatloaf!
- Ground beef – You will need 2 lbs of ground beef for this recipe. I like to get mine from Butcher Box, so it’s the best quality delivered straight to my doorstep!
- Almond flour
- Pork panko – this is basically crushed up pork rinds. You can get it on Amazon! If you don’t have it or don’t want to make it, you can just use 1/2 cup almond flour instead of 1/4 cup.
- Ketchup – some great Whole30 ketchup brands are Tessemae’s and Primal Kitchen!
- 1 carrot
- Minced garlic
- Coconut aminos
- Italian seasoning
- Dijon mustard (if making the topping)
That’s it! The topping is definitely optional.
How To Make This Ultimate Whole30 Paleo Meatloaf
Preheat your oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf baking pan. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using your hands. Transfer the mixture to the pan and push down to even it out and ensure there are no air bubbles. Bake for 30 minutes. While it’s baking, making the topping (if you’re using it). When the meatloaf comes out of the oven, spread the topping on top evenly. Place back into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let the meatloaf cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Looking for some other recipes using ground beef? Check these out:
If you make this Ultimate Whole30 Paleo Meatloaf, make sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Ultimate Whole30 Paleo Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Pork Panko or crushed up pork rinds - if you don't have this or don't want to use it, just use another 1/4 cup almond flour in it's place.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Whole30 friendly ketchup
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf baking pan. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using your hands. Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and push down to even it out and ensure there are no air bubbles. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While it's baking, making the topping (if you're using it). When the meatloaf comes out of the oven, spread the topping on top evenly. Place back into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Let the meatloaf cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!