It’s usually pizza night in our house on Fridays (hubs and kids get half cheese, half pepperoni, & wings with blue cheese, and I make my cauli crust personal pan pizza :)), but not when it’s Day 5 of the Whole30! This calls for something on the healthier side which still feels like party food. Because every Friday deserves a celebration, am I right?! Enter…this loaded potato & buffalo chicken casserole. Chicken & potatoes tossed in a tasty buffalo sauce, topped with sugar free bacon + green onions, then drizzled with ranch dressing. YES, PLEASE.
I used The New Primal Buffalo Sauce (medium- which is still pretty spicy, so definitely go with mild if you prefer less spice!). You could also use Tessemae’s Buffalo sauce, or create your own using hot sauce + ghee. Speaking of ghee, this is my favorite kind!
For the ranch, some compliant brands include Sir Kensington’s, Tessemae’s, and Primal Kitchen.
For the chicken, I always get mine from Butcher Box. They deliver organic chicken, grass-fed beef, and heritage breed pork directly to your doorstep. It saves me time, and the quality of the meat is unreal. Best chicken I’ve ever had! And right now (through Jan. 31) they have a promo going on where you can get 2 lbs of free salmon with your first box. Yass.
My husband absolutely loved this (he is a huge wing guy) – which made me happy! I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by how seriously he is taking this Whole30 thing this month. I guess I do make it pretty easy for him, though, HA. I’m happy to make meals like this if it will keep him from ordering wings and pizza and satisfy that craving, though! Enjoy, friends. And if you’re in snowy weather like we are this weekend, have fun!!
If you’re looking for another casserole to try, check out my Tuscan Spaghetti Squash Casserole!
*This page contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Whole30 Loaded Potato And Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 2 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 medium potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces (peel or leave skin on - up to you)
- 6-8 strips sugar-free bacon cooked and broken into 1 inch pieces.
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- 3/4 cup The New Primal Buffalo Sauce or compliant buffalo sauce of choice
- Compliant ranch dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with avocado or olive oil. In a large bowl, combine diced potatoes and buffalo sauce. Toss to coat, then use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes and add them to the baking dish. Add the raw chicken pieces to the same bowl with the remaining buffalo sauce. Set the bowl aside and let the chicken marinate while the potatoes cook.
- Cook the potatoes for 30-35 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes, until cooked through and crispy. Reduce oven temperature to 400. Add the raw marinated chicken pieces on top of the potatoes along with the bacon pieces and green onions. Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing and serve. Enjoy!