This Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole is packed with spinach, peppers, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and onions. The veggies are marinated, roasted, and then baked with eggs to create a delicious protein-packed breakfast casserole! This recipe is Whole30, paleo, gluten free, and dairy free.
I am always looking for new ways to meal prep and plan ahead when it comes to breakfast. Especially now with school back in session, it’s so important to have a quick meal ready to go that I can easily reheat before we fly out the door. This Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole is so flavorful. It is perfect for Meatless Monday or to have as a meatless meal any time! This casserole is also a great way to get extra veggies in – which is definitely something I struggle with.
What Do I Need to Make This Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole?
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this casserole.
- Eggs – I like to use pasture-raised, organic when possible. They taste better and have darker yolks with more nutrients!
- Sweet potato
- red pepper (or any color of choice)
- 8 oz mushrooms
- almond milk or coconut milk
The veggies get tossed in a delicious marinade and then roasted until the onions are caramelized. Here is what you need for the marinade:
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- coconut aminos
- minced garlic
- hot sauce
- onion powder
That’s it! I bet you have a lot of that already sitting in your pantry. The marinade is super similar to the one I use in my Sausage, Broccoli, and Potato Sheet Pan Supper, and it’s so good on ALL the things! This marinade gives everything incredible savory flavor and I think it makes a great addition to this recipe.
How Do You Make This Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole?
Preheat your oven to 425. Combine all of the marinade ingredients and whisk well. Chop and dice all of your veggies (minus the spinach), and add them to a large bowl. Pour the marinade over top and stir to combine. Line a large baking sheet (I like to use one that is 15 x 21 inches) with parchment paper. Dump the veggies out onto the sheet pan and spread them out evenly. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.
Meanwhile, combine the 12 eggs in a bowl along with your dairy free milk and 1/4 tsp salt. Beat it all together well. Set aside. When the veggies are almost done, heat the 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and stir until wilted, for approximately 2-3 minutes.
When the veggies come out of the oven, add the spinach to the pan and toss it with the veggies to combine.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking oil. Add the veggies into the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over top and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Reduce your oven temperature to 375. Bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set and no longer runny.
Enjoy topped with ranch if desired!
Can I reheat this breakfast casserole?
Absolutely. You can store it in the fridge for up to 4 days, and reheat a slice in the microwave for 1 minute. If you don’t want to use the microwave, you can put a slice on a piece of foil and bake it for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Looking for some other Breakfast Casserole ideas? Check these out!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife so I can see your creations!
Good luck to everyone starting a Whole30 today!
Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole (Whole30, Paleo)
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and diced
- 8 oz mushrooms diced
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet (I use 15 x 21) with parchment paper. Whisk all marinade ingredients together. Chop and dice all of your veggies and add them to a bowl. Pour the marinade over top and stir to combine. Spread the veggies out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping at the 15 minute mark.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs and dairy free milk of choice in a bowl and whisk well. During the last 5 minutes of the veggies cooking in the oven, heat the tsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the spinach and stir for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- When the vegetables come out of the oven, add the spinach to the pan and toss to combine.
- Reduce the oven temp to 375. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Add the vegetables to the baking dish. Pour the egg mixture over top and use a spatula to even it out. Bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set and no longer runny. Enjoy a slice topped with ranch dressing, if desired.