This Chinese Stirfry is comfort food at it’s finest. It’s also easy, CHEAP, and Whole30 compliant! Can’t beat that 🙂 It has all the taste of Chinese food without the gluten, grains, sugar, and MSG. I used the Asian raw veggie mix from Trader Joe’s which cuts back on a ton of prep time, but feel free to chop whatever veggies you have on hand and use whatever meat you want. I am sure this would be great with beef, pork, or shrimp, too!
Chinese Turkey Stir-Fry
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package Asian stir-fry veggies (You can find this at Trader Joes. If you don't have one close by, use broccoli, carrots, onion, bok choy, mushrooms, snap peas, bamboo shoots, and red peppers)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (or 2 tsp powdered ginger)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes, more or less, to taste. I like it pretty spicy 🙂
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil over medium heat and brown the turkey with until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil to the pan along with the veggies and garlic. Saute 10-15 minutes until they become tender.
- Around minute 10, add the turkey back into the pan along with the remaining ingredients. Stir constantly as the sauce thickens.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, regular rice, or by itself. Enjoy!