Habanero Bloody Mary
Any other Bloody Mary fans out there?! They are probably my favorite brunch and/or tailgating beverage. Ever since my Celiac diagnosis, it’s been tough to be able to enjoy these when I am out and about since most are made with additive-filled mixes, worcestershire sauce (aka gluten), etc. I decided to make my own gluten free version using REAL ingredients – fresh tomato juice, lime juice, some spices, horseradish, and the best Yellowbird Habanero hot sauce! Oh, and we can’t forget the Old Bay rim, and allll the garnishes – bacon, garlic-stuffed olives, celery, lemons, and limes!
If you guys haven’t tried Yellowbird sauces, you MUST. Their sauces are not your typical watered down hot sauce – they are flavor-forward with a thicker, smoother consistency packed with real, farm-fresh fruits and veggies. All of their addictively spicy condiments are plant–based, vegan, non–gmo, gluten–free, soy–free, and oh–so–delicious. I’m warning you – the Habanero has got some kick! But that makes it the ultimate ingredient for the perfect spicy Bloody Mary 🙂 Check out their Store Locator to see where you can find Yellowbird sauces near you!
I used Tito’s vodka in this recipe, which is certified gluten free. You can certainly enjoy these without any alcohol, as well – totally up to you!
Habanero Bloody Mary
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1.5 tsp Yellowbird Habanero Sauce, more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- juice from one lime
- 4 oz Tito's vodka, more or less to taste
- 2 tbsp Primal Palate New Bae Seasoning (or Old Bay), for rim
- lemon wedges, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- garlic-stuffed olives, for garnish
- 2 cooked pieces of bacon, for garnish
- celery sticks, for garnish
- Sprinkle your Old Bay or New Bae seasoning onto a plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of two tall glasses. Dip the rims into the seasoning. Fill each glass with ice (using a separate cup or ice scoop so you don't mess up your pretty rims!)
- Add remaining ingredients to a pitcher and stir well. Taste and adjust seasonings and sauces as needed. Pour the mixture into the glasses and garnish with lemons, limes, olives, bacon, and celery. Cheers!
Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with Mary’s Whole Life’s views. This post contains sponsored content from Yellowbird Sauce – While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.