Healthy Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl | with Spicy Mayo Recipe!
Ready in just 20 minutes, this easy, healthy keto egg roll in a bowl recipe features all the delicious flavors of a classic egg roll, without all the carbs! Quick & satisfying, this is the perfect weeknight dinner!
What Makes these Egg Roll Bowls so Great?
Going gluten-free means my Chinese takeout days are quite limited. I know so many of you out there are in the same boat as me and I just had to recreate my favorite takeout egg rolls in a diet-friendly, something-for-everyone sort of way! Using low carb, gluten-free, and dairy-free ingredients, this keto egg roll in a bowl recipe turned out to be the absolute tastiest spin on a beloved classic!
Also, my spicy mayo recipe is a to-die-for topping that will work on so many Asian-inspired dishes. Ready in just 20 minutes, this healthy meal is perfect for those busy weeknights, and is totally kid-approved!
Low Carb Keto Ingredients
All the ingredients in this egg roll in a bowl recipe are low carb, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and Whole30 friendly. If you follow Weight Watchers (WW), one egg roll in a bowl serving is 10 smart points- a great dinner option! WHAT! Talk about the perfect meal for every eater!
Egg Roll in Bowl
- ground turkey: I used ButcherBox ground turkey for a healthier spin instead of ground pork, but any ground meat will work!
- sesame oil
- minced garlic
- green onions
- ginger paste: You can also use minced ginger or ground ginger.
- frozen cauliflower rice
- coleslaw mix: This is easy to find at Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, and other local grocery stores. It typically includes green cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots!
- coconut aminos
- rice vinegar
- spices: onion powder, crushed red pepper, salt & pepper
Spicy Mayo Recipe
- mayo: For a healthier mayo, I really love to use Avocado oil mayo! You can find it in most grocery stores!
- hot sauce: Use whichever hot sauce you love! Frank’s Red Hot is my go-to.
- ketchup: To keep this low carb and keto friendly, I love Primal Kitchen sugar-free ketchup!
- coconut aminos
- rice vinegar
How to Make Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Sauté ground turkey for 5-7 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté the minced garlic, diced white parts of the green onions, and ginger for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, then add in the coleslaw mix and frozen cauliflower rice and sauté for a few minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients: sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, and onion powder, and pour the mixture into the pan and stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cabbage is softened and the cauliflower rice is cooked through.
- Add the ground turkey back into the pan and stir for 1-2 minutes.
(see the recipe card at the bottom for more details)
How to Make Spicy Mayo
- Simply mix together the spicy mayo ingredients by hand or with an immersion blender, and that’s it! This spicy mayo is the BEST!
More Low Carb Keto Recipes!
Here are more Asian-inspired recipes to smother in that spicy mayo!
Low Carb Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
How to Serve
- Serve the egg roll in a bowl topped with a drizzle of the spicy mayo sauce and garnish with the diced green onions. Enjoy! (& be prepared to go back for seconds. You can, it’s healthy!).
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Make-Ahead: You can totally meal prep using this egg roll in a bowl recipe. That way, you have low-carb keto lunches for the whole family. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and top with the spicy mayo after reheating!
Spicy Mayo: The dairy-free spicy mayo can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in the fridge. It will last up to 3 days in an air-tight container. It’s so versatile, you can use it for other dishes as well!
Meat: You can sub any ground meat for the ground turkey! Ground chicken, ground pork, and ground beef all work well.
Is this keto egg roll in a bowl recipe also Whole30 Compliant? Yes! All of the ingredients are Whole30 and Paleo compliant. If you are starting a Whole30, this is an amazing recipe to have on hand, as it takes just 20 minutes and quicky & easy Whole30 meals are a must-have during the 30-day journey.
Does this spicy mayo recipe have dairy or gluten in it? No! If you follow the list of ingredients I have created, there is no dairy or gluten in this spicy mayo recipe! It’s creamy and delicious without any dairy!
Are regular egg rolls keto? Unfortunately, while the ingredients inside of a traditional egg roll are typically low carb and keto, the egg roll wrapper is usually made out of a carby, wheat flour shell. This means, they aren’t gluten free or keto friendly. My keto egg roll in a bowl recipe is seriously such a great alternative!
Are these egg roll bowls Weight Watchers (WW) friendly? If so, how many points is this recipe? Yes! If you are looking for a Weight Watchers, aka WW, friendly egg roll in a bowl recipe, this is it! A serving of this recipe is just 10 smart points (includes the spicy mayo!), which means it’s a great meal option depending on how you spend your points throughout the day.
Pin This Recipe!
*This post contains affiliate links. This means if you use one of my links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Healthy Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl | Whole30
- 3 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 7-8 green onions, diced, white & green parts divided
- 2 tsp minced ginger or ginger paste, can sub 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice
- 14 oz bag coleslaw mix, usually this includes green & purple cabbage and carrots
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp rice vinegar
- pinch salt
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the ground turkey and sauté for 5-7 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove the turkey using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat an additional 1 tbsp sesame oil and add the minced garlic, diced white parts of the green onions, and ginger. Sauté 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the coleslaw mix and frozen cauliflower rice. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil, 1/2 cup coconut aminos, 2 tsp rice vinegar, crushed red pepper flakes, and onion powder.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is softened and the cauliflower rice is cooked through. Add the ground turkey back into the pan and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Mix together the spicy mayo ingredients. Serve the egg roll in a bowl topped with a drizzle of the sauce and garnish with the diced green onions. Enjoy!
42 Comments on “Healthy Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl | with Spicy Mayo Recipe!”
My whole family loved this quick weeknight meal! I added a fried egg and some gluten free crispy onions on top to satisfy some pregnancy cravings 😜 so delicious!
Woo hoo! Sounds amazing and I am glad you loved it!
Hands down my favorite recipe on the blog. So easy to throw together on a weeknight and honestly tastes better than the classic egg roll!!
Thank you, Anne Marie!
This is such an easy and quick recipe to throw together on a busy weeknight. Love that it has plenty of veggies and tastes so good!
Just made this tonight and loved it! Great recipe for low carbs!
This dish was so easy to prep/ make and super delicious. The spicy mayo brings it to take out level tasty.
Thank you Laura!
So so yummy! Definitely a new favorite in our household. It was quick and easy to make and didn’t require a ton of dishes so the clean up was quick as well. Loved it!
So glad to hear it! Thanks Jaclyn!
This is a regular in our household – so yummy!
This came out so delicious! I made this on it’s own so I only got 4 servings instead of 6. I love that you can’t even taste the cauli rice. I’ve never made egg roll in a bowl with ground turkey and I think it’s my new fave! Thanks Mary!
Obsessed! This has been on repeat at our house since we first tried it a couple months ago!
Everyone in my family loves this! We make it every other week.