I feel like chia pudding is one of those things that you either love or hate, and I happen to love it! It has an interesting consistency – almost gummy like – since the chia seeds expand to 3x their original size when soaked in liquid. Chia seeds are packed with nutrients like iron, calcium, and fiber – which makes these parfaits even more awesome 🙂 They would make a great healthy dessert, or you could switch things up and have them for breakfast!
These parfaits are also loaded with healthy fats from the chia seeds and avocado, as well as magnesium and iron from the cacao powder. Also, did you know that organic raw cacao powder has 40x the antioxidants of blueberries?! Yes. Eat more chocolate.
This page may contain affiliate links – thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Chocolate Raspberry Chia Parfaits
Cinnamon Chia Pudding Layer
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk I like Califia Farms or The New Barn
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup more if you like it sweeter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Prep the pudding the night before you plan to assemble the parfaits. Combine the almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a storage container and whisk thoroughly. Place in the fridge overnight (or for 5-7 hours minimum) to let the chia seeds expand and work their magic.
- For the avocado mousse, combine avocado, almond milk, cacao powder, and maple syrup in a blender (I like to use my Nutribullet because it's nice and small) and blend for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Layer the ingredients between 4 small glass jars (I linked the Weck jars that I used for these above!), starting first with the chia pudding, then the mousse, a few berries, then repeat. Enjoy! These can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.