I finally got my hands on the new cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s, and decided to whip up a quick dinner using some Butcher Box chicken I had in the freezer. This ended up being one of the best meals ever! And it’s paleo, grain free, nutritious and satisfying. What more could you ask for? 🙂
I ended up cooking the gnocchi not according to the package directions, but rather just putting them straight into the hot buttery pan (from frozen) and cooked for 5-7 minutes until browned. The key is to cover the pan and let them sit for about 2-3 mins without stirring to get them browned and crispy, and then continue to stir. The term “Brown Butter” is literally exactly what it sounds like – butter that’s been browned so it takes on a unique flavor that compliments the gnocchi so well!
My favorite ghee is Fourth & Heart which I get on Thrive Market!
I love getting my chicken from Butcher Box! I am obsessed with their organic chicken, and honestly think it tastes better than any chicken I’ve ever had. They deliver organic chicken, grass-fed and grass-finished beef, and heritage-breed pork directly to your doorstep. This makes my life SO much easier as a busy mom who doesn’t live close to Whole Foods! I highly recommend this delivery service and think it’s worth every penny.
Looking for some other easy meals to make with Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi? Check out my Skillet Pesto Meatball & Gnocchi Bake, or my Cauliflower Gnocchi with Butternut Squash “Cheese” Sauce!
If you make and love this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @maryswholelife and #maryswholelife! Can’t wait to see your creations 🙂
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Mary’s Whole Life!
Brown Butter Sage Gnocchi with Chicken, Mushrooms & Spinach
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package Trader Joe's cauliflower gnocchi
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 2 tbsp ghee divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp of the ghee. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining tbsp of ghee into the same pan. Add frozen (or partially thawed) gnocchi and the mushrooms and cook on medium high heat 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the garlic powder, salt, and sage. Add spinach, stir to combine, and cook for an additional minute. Enjoy!