Air Fryer Potato Wedges
A quick and easy 30-minute appetizer, side dish, or kid-friendly snack! These air fryer potato wedges are delicious, versatile, and perfect for dipping!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Makes This Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe Great
You can never have too many air fryer recipes, and these Air Fryer Potato Wedges are no exception! I am a huge potato lover, and this recipe is my favorite easy side dish. A perfect side dish, these tasty wedges go with just about everything!
Freshly cut, seasoned to perfection, and deliciously crispy, these versatile airfried potato wedges make the best side, appetizer, and/or snack. Pair with my homemade Chick Fil A sauce, ketchup, ranch, or your favorite aioli-the dipping options are endless! These air-fried wedges are also a healthier option than regular fries since they use less oil.
- 30-Minute Recipe
- Crowd-Favorite Appetizer or Side!
- Made with simple ingredients
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, & Whole30
- Healthier than deep frying
- An easy, kid-friendly snack!
- Like French fries, but bigger and better!
- Take less time to make than regular baked potato wedges
Russet Potatoes: I like using Russet Potatoes because they are large potatoes and cuts into the perfect size. White potatoes work best for this recipe. You can use Yukon Gold potatoes, but just know they may be a little bit smaller in size.
Olive Oil: I prefer to use extra-virgin olive oil. You can also use avocado oil if you prefer!
Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, sea salt, black pepper. Feel free to add some cayenne pepper for a little heat, if desired!
How To Make Homemade Potato Wedges
- First, scrub your potatoes. Then, slice them into wedges using a sharp knife and a cutting board. Slice potatoes in half horizontally (so you have 2 long halves), then slicing those in half, then those pieces in half, and so on. Place potato wedges into a large mixing bowl of cold water and let them soak for 10 minutes. Removing some of the excess starch while they soak helps to create crispy potatoes! Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 400 for a few minutes.
- Dry the potatoes using paper towels.
- Place them in another clean bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Place the seasoned potato wedges in the air-fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes until they are golden brown. It’s ok if they aren’t in a single layer, but you also don’t want to over-crowd the air fryer. You may need to cook the potato wedges in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Cooking time will also depend on the size. I have the Ninja 4 qt. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Mary’s Tips & Tricks
Dipping Sauce: These crispy air fryer potato wedges would be delicious served with my copycat Chick Fil A Sauce! You can also dip them in ranch, ketchup, sour cream, or your favorite aioli!
Leftovers: Store leftover potato wedges in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will lose their crispy texture if warmed up in the microwave, so you can use the oven to reheat or re-fry them in the air fryer.
Extra Crispy: Soaking the potatoes for 10 minutes is the trick to getting the crispiest air fryer potato wedges. Don’t skip this step – you will always get better results when you soak the cut potatoes!
Best Air Fryer: I have the Ninja 4 Qt! I typically have to make things in batches, so go for the bigger size if you prefer! I love that this air fryer is easy to clean and so easy to use!
No need! They will cook perfectly in the air fryer without any boiling.
Soaking the potatoes first is actually a hack to make them get crispier! Don’t skip this step if you want super crispy potato wedges.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 4 medium-sized russet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- First, scrub your potatoes. Then, slice them into wedges. You can do this by slicing the potatoes in half horizontally (so you have 2 long halves), then slicing those in half, then those pieces in half, and so on.
- Place all of your potato wedges into a large bowl of water and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your air fryer to 400 for a few minutes.
- Dry the potatoes using paper towels. Place them in another clean bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes. You may need to cook the potato wedges in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!
This post was originally published on August 28, 2022 and updated with new copy on November 15, 2023.