These Southwest Salmon Cakes with Avocado Ranch Aioli make an easy 30-minute Whole30 & Keto dinner with a little kick – just the way I like it 🙂
Salmon cakes are one of those things I used to feel kinda “meh” about – but now I LOVE them. They have quickly become one of my favorite easy weeknight meals to make! I decided to create my own version with a Mexican twist (because who doesn’t love Mexican themed meals?!). Believe me when I say, this is the only salmon cake recipe you will ever need:)
These salmon cakes and the aioli are Whole30 friendly, keto friendly, paleo, gluten free, etc. And salmon is packed with healthy Omega 3’s! I love using canned skinless/boneless salmon from Wild Planet. I like to bake my salmon cakes to avoid the whole grease splattering out of the pan thing. Anything to create less of a mess = my friend. Because my house is already enough of a mess thanks to the 3 little people who live here.
Southwest Salmon Cakes with Avocado Ranch Aioli
- 4 6 oz cans boneless/skinless salmon, drained I like Wild Planet brand!
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro can use parsley if you prefer!
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
Avocado Ranch Aioli
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 2 tbsp water more if you want it thinner
- Preheat oven to 425. Combine all salmon cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, making sure to break up all of the salmon pieces. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a pastry brush to spread cooking oil of choice over the parchment paper.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to scoop up the mixture and form 8 1-inch thick patties using your hands. Place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 mins, then remove from the oven and flip using a spatula. Return them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- While the cakes are baking, make the aioli. Combine all aioli ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Add water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve the salmon cakes with the aioli. Enjoy!