Zucchini and Summer Squash Ribbons with Meat Sauce
These squash ribbons with meat sauce one of our favorite easy weeknight meals! I like to use Rao’s Homemade jarred sauce (which is Whole30 compliant) to make things extra simple. The squash ribbons are a fun twist on your standard zoodle!
Zucchini and Summer Squash Noodles with Meat Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 summer/yellow squash
- 3 zucchini
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 jar Rao's Homemade Marinara Sauce (or any sugar-free tomato sauce)
- Use a veggie peeler to create long ribbons from the sides of the squash and zucchini until you reach the seeds. Set aside.
- For the sauce, heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the ground beef and stir constantly until browned. Add the spices and stir to combine. Add the marinara sauce and simmer for 10 minutes while you cook the ribbons.
- Throw the ribbons into a pot with 1/2 inch of water and bring to a boil. Steam for 3 minutes (these can overcook easily so watch it closely!), and drain.
- Serve the sauce on top of the ribbons and enjoy!